Afr Lambda meter

czakky

Im thinking about buying an AFR meter just to play with a bit. Probably just to mount temporarily.

Anybody play with these on our bike? What say you? Useful info? Did it unlock the extra ponies some of us chase?

Totally happy with the power my bike makes I just like to tinker...

I've been thinking about this too.

As I try various ECU programs, it is obvious that exhaust gas analysis is a good way to test changes to the hardware and software on the bike. I suspect that my butt dyno can't discern a 5% change in power, especially if there is a change in noise at the same time. These guys have some interesting products that I'd like to try: http://www.zeitronix.com/index.html.

AFR monitoring & logging would be the essential complement to tweaking ECU programming with TunerPro. 

The wideband sensor needs an 18mm port on the header or crossover, the existing plug looks too small, so I believe that I'd need to weld new ports on the headers.

I just need some disposable cash. Sadly the easter bunny let me down, and xmas is a long time away.  

Yes, I'am playing with AFR meter for several years, LM-2 from Innovate Motorsport.

At first a single sensor, now for more accuracy dual kit to meter each cylinder selectively.

I can watch a AFR on display while driving or logg AFR, revs and 4 analog input signal (typicaly TPS + ET sensor) into memory card.

Many guys from german Guzzi forum reports problem with reliability/sensibility by LM-2, my device works passable.

I use the existing small M10x1 plugs on header with adaptor for M18x1,5 sensor thread.

• Like 1