Speaking of Guzzi Sport Exhaust...

aquila

First of all I'd like to introduce myself, and say how much I've learned already about the V11 from this board. I'm picking up a new 03 V11 Sport Naked next week, and its good to know there a site with so many fellow riders of the same. I just sold my 01 Aprilia Mille and have owned a number of Italian, English, Japanese, German, and american bikes over the past 18 or so years.

I read the tread about the MG Titanium exhaust kit with the pipes, ECU, and peg brackets. Which sounds like the way to go for me because its a slip on deal, and I don't have to break in the bike first, or hide a power commander somewhere. Seems be around the same price as FBF mufflers and a PC III anyway. My question is I asked the dealer about running the Stucci crossover as well, and he said its not advised- That the ECU is meant to run with a totally stock V11 with the Titanium kit. Is this true? I've seen a few of you mention running the stucci with the Guzzi Ti pipes. He said it may or may not run that well. any thoughts on this? Should I just run the Ti kit and leaver everything else totally stock?

Thanks for your 2¢ in advance,

jay

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dkgross

well..it makes sense that the kit is designed with the stock xover...but, my guys put the Stucci on my bike with the kit, and it all works and sounds fabulous. You could certainly try it with the stock xover and see if you like it...

I had a PCIII with stock pips/xover, and it worked just fine. There was still a little dip between 4 and 5k, but I never took it to get a custom map made.

so far, I'm thrilled with the Guzzi cans/stucci setup. the sound is amazing, and not TOO loud, and the difference in performance is WELL worth the $.

Welcome Aquila,

There really are a lot of options for exhaust- everything from factory to aftermarket to homegrown. If you're interested in the Guzzi Ti cans, you might check the classifieds on this board. Arbi K. had a set for sale, and you could get them cheaper than from a dealer.

Cheers,

Jason

Jason--

Thanks for the tip-

It looks like Arbi is selling the Mistral mufflers, not the Guzzi Titanium kit w/ ECU. I'll drop him a mail and confirm that though...

One last question- Who sells the Stucci X member at the best price?

Thanks again to all for the advice!

Welcome Aquila,

Where in the East Bay do you live? You must come to my garage so we can talk. :lol:

So where did you buy your bike at? Speedsports or Moto Italiano?

I also have a Aprilia Falco in my Garage besides the two Guzzi's. Yes, Italian parking only!

Mike

Mike-

I'm in Alameda.

I'm actually picking up the bike this Friday (since I just sold my Mille). I'm getting it from the Orange Co. dealer, who is selling 03 V11 Sports for $6999! (Livermore wanted $8300, and Monroe wanted $7800.) Its worth the drive for that price!

jay

Does anybody think about writing Stucchi in place of Stucci???

Damm……..!

And do ever and never forget the H again, got that!? :not:

I have got The Mistral on mine bike with STUCCHI (!), the old one, with two little pipes on it, K&N filter and a new mapping in mine ECU. Fantastic!

You really do not need another shit on your bike! It costs a lot of money for nothing.

If the original ECU will be mapping again, is the Powercommander a too expansive option for the motor management. The new ECU made and sold by Moto Guzzi is containing the mapping I ready have.

Why don´t you take a better look around you and find some mechanic :luigi: with the right tools, and do not spend too many money for getting the result you want.

ciao

Damm……..!

And do ever and never forget the H again, got that!?  :not:

I have got The Mistral on mine bike with STUCCHI (!), the old one, with two little pipes on it, K&N filter and a new mapping in mine ECU. Fantastic!

:huh: ... "old one with two little pipes"?? Can you explain, or post a link to photos showing the difference? I've not seen different Stucchi x-over models for the V11 Sport/LeMans and would be very interested to see the difference, and hear why any change was made??

You really do not need another shit on your bike! It costs a lot of money for nothing.

If the original ECU will be mapping again, is the Powercommander a too expansive option for the motor management. The new ECU made and sold by Moto Guzzi is containing the mapping I ready have.

Why don´t you take a better look around you and find some mechanic  :luigi: with the right tools, and do not spend too many money for getting the result you want.

ciao

Well, a couple of points...

First, in many respects you are correct. At some point, like most things in life.... many of the modifications at some point offer diminishing returns for the money invested... at that point becoming more of a "tinker factor" offering more hobbyist fun beyond performance "bang for the buck". For most folks, your mods:

- Exhaust/x-over

- High flow filter

- ECU fuel-mixture remap

...are good enough to liven-up the bike without spending too much.

But for those that don't have access to a good dealer or specialty shop that can tune the ECU, or for those that just want to tinker further... there may be more that makes sense for them to do based upon their goals.

For example, if they're goal is 90+ RWHP, then your mods won't get them there.

Also, unfortunately many of us around the rest of the world do not have access to a shop that can adequately map the stock ECU. It sounds like you do, and that's fantastic :thumbsup: But even the "better" shops here in the USA usually only have a 4-gas analyzer, but no dyno, so their tuning is limited. Plus even fewer have the ability to adjust anything beyond fuel mixture, such as timing(although admittedly the PCIII can't do that either for our bikes <_ ...don get me started src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:"> ). Anyway... for this reason, many owners opt for the PCIII as there are however quite a few DynoJet Certified Tuning Centers, and the PCIII is quite flexible and has a proven track record of efficacy.

As always, YMMV(your mileage may vary)... but as we've discussed here several times, and ad nauseum on other forums... the degree of "reasonalble" modifications are very subjective, and dependent upon one's goals :huh2:

....glad to hear yours have met your needs, whilst not breaking the bank!

:D

al

Damm……..!

And do ever and never forget the H again, got that!? :not:

Antonio;

could you also instruct us how to pronounce that "Stucchi" word?

My apologies to all....

STUCCHI. Got it.

Come on... I'm new here! (So new that I'm actually buying the bike this Friday.)

I'm asking all these questions to learn, and your advice and this forum is helping me do that.

Thanks again!

jay

The old Stucchi look likes the draw here under.

Collectors

╞╡

Mufflers

Probably you have now the cross like a X. That’s the Stucchi now in commerce.

I do not know witch of those two is better. I only know that the mine works well.

I have got the sound I always want and the performance of mine V11 is optimal.

Just perfect!

About the PowercommanderIII. It is not good!!! Not Good!!! Listen to me!!!

PCIII can not determine the moment to inject the fuel on the heads. Like you said, the temperature of the ambient or the temperature of the engine (oil) has influence for the quantity of fuel to be injected in the heads. PCIII can not think! ECU Marelli can!

Is it for you a solution to send the ECU in Europe and let him remapping?

Try at Ruud Fedriks, Holland. Nice guy.

He did it to me! Piece of work!!!

http://www.xs4all.nl/~dynojet/contact.htm

ciao