Pirelli Diablo DEAL...

Guest dkgross

Guest dkgross

sheeesh...There seems to be quite a few online retailers that have the 180/55/17 rear tires..anywhere from $125-$150 bucks, plus $20 for shipping...

I'll surf around more tomorrow...

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my rear Diablo sat www.ronayers.com for $120.84 shipping included. Got it quite quickly, within a week i think. Mailed the coupon form and purchase receipt to Pirelli and just received the front Diablo today...i think 2-3 weeks to get it from Pirelli. total cost for the set was $140.84 ($20 shipping fee from Pirelli). I am quite pleased with the whole deal!!

I would've like to have gotten in on that deal, but I was desperate for new tires last week and was told by Pirelli that the front tire would take 4-6 weeks to arrive, so I bought Dunlop 220s. One of my local dealers has a rear to sell for $125, and I may just get it anyway so I'll have a set for next time.

coool!!

I actually decided to go with the Metzeler Z6's instead :)

Pirelli Diablo or Metzeler Z6 Roadtec= allmost the same thing. Both of them are made in the same factory with the same compound, with the same rubber, with the same machines, with the same workers, with the same money etc. The difference in the tyre is the profile. Maybe the handeling is different too. I don’t know, because I do not know nobody with those tyres on his bike (Z6).

I’m riding on the Diablo, and I love them!!! Next I will try the Avon Azaro 45/46 st.

ciao

Yeah, I keep hearing very good things on the Pirellis, especially on the longer wheelbase 02+ V11 Sports/LeMans. I think I may try them next.

As my riding is pretty mild, and I'm convinced our 80-ish RWHP bikes don't eat tires like other "modern" hyper-bikes, I think they'll last fairly well.

al

I tried the Diablos last summer. Good grip but, I only got 4500 miles out of the rear tire. I switched to the sport touring Pirelli Scorpion rear in an effort to get more mileage to suit my touring needs. So far, I haven't noticed a difference in grip.

I got an offer which I think is pretty good:

M&P Direct Special Offers

HUGE Savings on Pirelli Diablo Corsa Pairs:

120/70-17 & 180/55-17

RRP £265 NOW ONLY £179

Part Number 901042

120/70-17 & 190/55-17

RRP £265 NOW ONLY £184

Part Number 901043

I have no affiliation with M&P,

just letting you know.

Heh, I got that SPAM too :rolleyes: .... laughed at getting it today. Somehow I don't think ordering tires from the UK would be a good deal for me here in California :P

It's too bad I don't need tires.... but I do want to check these out later for sure based on Mike Stewart's positive feedback :D

al

Guest scott

This was a great deal! Got my coupon off the internet, ordered the rear tire from Dennis Kirk (they match anyone's lower price, and shipping is free), and sent my $20 dollars to cover shipping of the front tire.

Now I've got new tires just waiting to be installed. BTW, I have over 9k miles on the original Bridgstone tires; I guess I need to ride more agressively :bike:

Now I've got new tires just waiting to be installed. BTW, I have over 9k miles on the original Bridgstone tires; I guess I need to ride more agressively :bike:

Well Jeff, with all those bikes 9000 miles on the Guzzi is quite a bit. So if I figure correctly, if you multiply 9000 by 4, you would have about 36,000 miles on just one bike! :bike:

See you soon at Winter's,

Mike