torque values

mikie

I appreciate your efforts on helping me to clarify this, Al. The workshop manual shows two different types of front wheel setups for the sport. The diagram you showed of the front wheel setup looks as if it may be the type 1, as there is a nut on the left side holding the axle in. My bike has the type 2 setup, which has the threads in the strut and doesn't have the axle nut.

I know the spacer you're referring to for the rear wheel (not a spooled one, but a straight one), and I did put that in (hopefully in the right place). But I still had two spacers left - one was stuck on the left side of the wheel, so I knew that was supposed to be there. The other one was identical, and handed to me by the fellow who installed the tire. The confusion probably stems from the two different wheel mounting setups. :blink:

The photo/diagram I posted is the 2000-02 solution, where the axle is threaded into the left fork leg. The exploded view just shows a nut apparently to illustrate that the axle receives the threads. Who knows why they illustrated it that way, as there weren't any late model V11 Sports with a nut and washer solution. If you look at the photo, you will see the threaded stepped axle that screws into the left fork leg.

This exploded view however, does not illustrate the new axle solution with a hollow axle and retaining nut. AFAIK, there aren't any vastly different front axle solutions from 2000-02, other than perhaps your spacer issue.

So, I dunno in regards to the "extra" spacer then :huh2: The real question that needs answering is, do you have a stepped axle as in the photo? If so, that "step" is supposed to be acting as a right spacer. If not, and you have a perfectly smooth axle, then yes you would need two spacers.

Good luck, that's all I can offer without actually seeing your setup first hand. Any chance you could take some photos of the axle, spacers, and it all assembled?

al