Diablo Tires

Guest Joe keeling

Guest Joe keeling

Has anybody tried a set of Pirelli Diablo/corsa tires on their V11? I debated about which tire to buy, Diablo or Diablo Corsa. I opted for the standard tire for its tread life and wet roads capability. My bikes is in the shop today for the trans. recall so I won't get a chance to try them out until this weekend at the earliest. But I still wonder how the racier corsa's perform on the street. <_<

I have about 1500 miles on the Corsa's so far and I luv them! The provide a nice ride, warm up quick and then stick like snot (which is a good thing). I have not noticed any wear yet and that is with at least 800 miles on the straight super highway slab.

I was really impressed with the tires when I first installed them. I was riding two up with some folks at a rally and we were doing some pretty high speed riding, the bike just handled great and there was no chicken strip left on the rear tire when I got back to camp.

The only thing you need to worry about is some owners of 00 and 01 V11Sports do not like the way the bike handles with either the Metzeler Sportec M1 and maybe the Pirelli Diablo. I have heard that these tires are made at the same plant and share the same design. The Corsa offers a different rubber compound. Now what 00 and 01 riders don't like is the quicker steering the tire offers. Works great on the 02 bikes and newer since the wheelbase is longer. I finally got the Metzeler Sportecs to feel right on my 00 Sport, but I had to slacken the rake of the forks to accomplish this. Thank god for the adjustable shock length of the Penske shock! :bier:

Good luck,

Mike