Greasing front Universal on shaft

Guest blueboy

Guest blueboy

V11's imported into Australia/and NZ appear to have the front universal joints assembled back to front.This poses an unecessary problem when greasing.The rear wheel requires dropping and the shaft neeeds to be lowered.If the universal nipple was facing front the lube could be applied easily through the slot in the universal cover.

Guest geezerx

Seems it's fairly common for that front zirk to point rearward. I think that is what you describe. This fitting can be greased without removing or altering anything on the bike.

Check out the link below. Note in the pic I posted that the nose of the grease zirk is ground thin.

click here

Guest Le Man

I, as well, fabricated a device to lube this fitting with no problems. It is angled and ground thin at the top. (I keep meaning to post a pic of this..no memory anymore)

The concept of partial disassembly to grease a fitting just didn't make any sense to me.

Mike

I posted on this also. Its simple. Get one of the hinged nipple grease extender and screw it to your gun orrrr attach a male fitting to it for connecting to your gun. Angle the head a bit and slip it up the rear and onto the joint fitting. You don't need to jack up anything or remove anything.

• 2 months later...