CAM QUESTIONS

Guest Mike Bisetti

Guest Mike Bisetti

AS an owner of a 02 v11 Le Mans,my bike along with many others(maybe all)was at the dealership having the shift return spring replaced and being verified for crankcase replacement due to bubbling paint.I was talking to the owner and head mechanic about replacing the cam while the engine was apart.As this dealership(OC Triumph-Guzzi)is a certified Power Commander Dyno Center and the Owner does all the dyno work I'm thinking that he may know something about Guzzi mods

His opinion was that on the dyno the megacycle 620 cam offered virtually no performance gain over stock and left the engine with some drivability issues.His opinion was the best bang for the buck was high comp pistons(10.1/2 to 1)Stucci crossover,high perf. exhaust,Power Commander with custom map,and airbox mods.As my bike has everything but the pistons(and the performance gain was

impressive with those few mods)I'm wondering is the cam and porting worth the dough?

As an ex-flat track racer all the head work we used to do really only effected the very top end of the powerband(Triumph's and XR 750's being very different amimals than a V11 but they all operate in the same RPM range with simular piston speeds.

Does anybody have any data to prove or disprove this guys opinion.Because everybody usually does the heads and cam at the same time it's difficult to get good data!!

Thanks-Mike Bisetti

P.S. Does anybody know of any other cams available for the V11?