Foot peg relocation

Guest HI-TECH-CHECK

Guest HI-TECH-CHECK

I received and installed the Evoluzine peg relocation kit (part #97401) yesterday. Installation was a 15 min.job with all components of the highest quality. As expected there was some bare aluminum spots on the red side plates after removing the stock components :o But they were easily touched up with a red felt marker :)

The pros :D

My knees no longer hit the fairing edges or gas tank ahead of the knee cut-outs.

Great quality and fast installation

Very inexpensive

Fast Delivery

No more boot marks on the exhaust pipe in front of the shifter.

The cons :angry:

The shift and brake pedals are now too high in the air :doh: I shortened the brake rod as much as the adjuster will allow but it looks as I will have to shorten even more via a hacksaw. The shifter will pose more of a problem as no amount of adjustment will compensate when the shift pedal hits the side plate. Looks like the Dremel motor tool will have to come out if I decide to keep them on.

I had a concern about my boot heels leaving marks on the exhaust pipes but they only hit when I stand up going over speed bumps

The end result is a $16.95 (with shipping) toss-up :helmet:

Just curious...how tall are you? One of my issues with a LeMans is my 33+" inseam legs cant truly find a home with the tank cutouts..

Phil

Guest HI-TECH-CHECK

I am 5'11'' with a 33" inseam as well. So far I have found shifting is fine if I put my heel on the peg.That effectively raises my foot to meet the shift pedal. But that does not meet my definition of ergo's. Alas,the peg relocation kit will probably be removed. :angry:

I just finished my install on the peg relo kit as well. I agree that it is a well designed kit but I think that combined with a new seat that will raise me up an inch plus it should be enough to stop the pain in my knees. I will leave it on the bike unless something better comes along.

I'm 6'2" and have a 32-33 inseam. Without the kit I would have knee pain after about 30-40 minutes of riding. :o

Being only 5'10" the pegs were not that bad to begin with, but still caused some cramping.My (among others) dream project was to relocate the pegs.Then Rich Maund worked some majic on my Lemans seat and it overall ergos works much better.

I think he raised the seat about an 1.5" and the slope to the tank allows for both feet to be on the ground at stop lights.Very comfy for me and a passenger.Those that are taller could stand just a little more padd to take up the reach to the pegs.Kills two birds with one stone,better ergos,and better seat.

I have a friend that had a backrest from Corbin on an 80's Lemans.After about four rides with it and his girl friend, it broke,and decided it was more comfortable without it because of the weird position it put her in.

I would look into a trunk system from Hepco Becker so that you can have storage and a good rest for her on the long romantic rides to a picnic spot :)