Relay use location

Steve G.

I seem to remember this discussion on a previous thread maybe 1/2 yr ago but could'nt find it. My v11 is starting a habit of the headlight and tachometer not working just after starting up. I am thinking it may be another of those lazy Seimens relays, but after flipping them around and tapping them, I can't get any reaction.

Last night I rode home in the dark, without lights for the first mile, except the small running light in the front headlight, then, without any reason, the two components started working. I know that most all bikes these days have a headlight turn off during starter button application to allow the starter and ignition full use of the battery. I'm wondering if there is another component other than the relay that could be the problem.

Any thoughts?

Ciao, Steve G.

Dear Steve, It is the relay. I had exactly the same problem. Pull all of the Seimons relays out, take them down to your tame Bosch stockist and have them match them up with thier item. Turns out they are a very common headlamp relay from a Holden Commadore or simalar.

ATB

Neville Briggs