new battery?

Steve G.

Guest Bruce

So I ran out to the garage to check it out ( small wonder my wife thinks I am nuts ) and the stock seat had worn off most of the Model # . Here's what I can tell you Yamaska (SP? ) part # M6214L and the model # appears to be YTX1SL BG. The last several characters are a quess. I got it from a local Interstate distributor who did a hell of a job tracking it down for me :thumbsup: . The sticker had fallen off the original and the dealer was less than helpful.

While I was out there I took a look at the battery box. Mine also has nuts welded to the underside of the frame. It looks to me that you could easily drill out the threads in the nuts and use longer bolts with nuts, so I've added that to the project list.

Hi Lads,

I guess I should have followed up on my fix on that battery issue I had in early May. I got an Odyssey dry cell, part #pc545. It is the battery # made for the V11 based Guzzi. A perfect fit, very aggressive and quick start, and has made the relays fall into line, they are less likely to be tempermental. As soon as I pressed the starter button, I realised that the original battery was sucking wind right from the start, that dramatic difference it was.

Interestingly, the company that makes the Odyssey battery line, [EnerSys Inc.] is the same company that makes the Cyclon, Genesis, and SBS lines of batteries. they are in Warrensburg, MO. Being from Western Canada, I'm thinking MO. is the state of Missouri. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I checked with several suppliers, including the local Guzzi dealer, which quoted me on a Yuasa, and an oem unit, [Tesco I think]. Not to make you laugh, I won't mention the price directly, you can do the math, their price for the crappy Tesco unit was literaly double the $136cdn I paid from my favourite local battery supplier, for what I think is the best battery on the market for this particular application. They quoted about $40 less than double for the Yuasa, which I think is a fairly good unit.

Check out www.enersyinc.com to see what they say about themselves.

I'm happy with my purchase! I've been too busy riding to worry about the battery, in fact I forgot all about the situation, it's been working so well.

Ciao, Steve G.

So,

Hawker Genesis G13EP

(13Ah) 10.8lbs Part number 0770-2007

Length 6.910 (175.51) Height 3.282 (83.36) Width 5.113 (129.87)

is just a little smaller than the

the Odyssey PC545

(12Ah) 12.6lbs

Length 7.0 (177.8) Height 3.37 (85.6) Width 5.17(131.3)

The Genesis is smaller, yet with more amp hours. but it may not be available as their website does not really promote it for use in motorcycles.

I wonder what their sales people have to say???

FWIW I am stll on my original battery, which has never let me down.