Rating Moto Guzzi Dealers

Guest vagene

Guest vagene

Has anyone ever considered rating dealers in the US and posting it on the forum? In addition to my V11 Lemans I also own a Victory and I noticed recently someone had done this on the Victory Motorcycle Club (VMC) forum. It allows a simple thumbs up or down choice and provides you the chance to add comments. Validated what I already knew about my old dealer and confirmed others think highly of my new dealer, who also happens to be my Moto Guzzi dealer. I think it is a neat idea and would love the chance to praise the Dealership, Winchester Motorsports(Moto Guzzi, Ducati, Triumph, Victory) - Just a Thought -

I think basically it's a nice idea, but ratings are very subjective if two out of two votes are negative. Only if you have f.i. 50 or more votes on a dealer, you'd have a genuine rating that actually sais something.

This is the problem with a relatively small forum like this. There just aren't enough members using the same dealer to get a decent rating. And don't forget it's a worldwide site. F.I. we have maybe 6 Dutch members of which 2 have experiences the same dealer.

You will get results that say nothing. Before I visit a dealer I'd rather have other members share experiences than rely on a rating.

Ever looking for something to do when I grow up, I wrote MG to inquire after the requirements for a dealer franchise in my area (closest dealer now at 250 miles). To date, no answer... :huh:...guess there are enough dealers doing bang-up jobs? k

• 2 weeks later...
Ever looking for something to do when I grow up, I wrote MG to inquire after the requirements for a dealer franchise in my area (closest dealer now at 250 miles). To date, no answer... :huh:...guess there are enough dealers doing bang-up jobs? k

Here in the L.A. area there seems to be a motorcycle dealer of one sort or another on almost every street corner, and yet three local Guzzi dealers have dropped the brand over the past year due, I'm told, to bad MGNA customer service. Pretty soon it'll be about 250 miles that we have to go to find one as well, if not more. I sure hope Ducati or someone reputable buys them out soon.

I get out to SDGO about once a quarter, so now I leave room in my suitcase for bringing back goodies purchased at GP there. :nerd: k

• 2 weeks later...

I want to rate the Moto Guzzi dealer in the lower mainland of British Columbia.

Valley Moto Guzzi rocks!!!!!!!!

I have been a customer for three years now and I have had minimal problems with Moto Guzzi but I have seen other problems come and go!

They have taken each and every problem by the horns and as far as I can see there is a huge group of satisfied customers.

Plus we all go riding every weekend when we can!

What more can you ask?

I think basically it's a nice idea, but ratings are very subjective if two out of two votes are negative. Only if you have f.i. 50 or more votes on a dealer, you'd have a genuine rating that actually sais something.

I agree with what Jaap says but, I'll go ahead and plug Moto Guareschi in Parma, Italy. It's a little mom & pop shop. Claudio Guareschi is a former racer so, he has motorcycling in his blood. His son is Vitto Guareschi, the former factory Yamaha superbike team mate to Scott Russell & current Ducati Moto GP factory test rider. Vitto & his brother help out with mechanic chores while mom runs the front office.

I've heard that Claudio has a hotline to the Mandello factory & that he's not above calling them up & doling out a tongue lashing about how certain parts should be redesigned :D

Vitto prepped my bike personally when I bought it. Can you imagine that? The Ducati factory test rider working on your bike? :thumbsup: Everything was snug & working properly. The motor pulled strong from the get go so, they must have done something right.

If you're ever in the area & need work done, Parma lies roughly half way between Milan & Bologna.

And a "thumbs-up" :thumbsup: to Andy York :luigi: at Ducati Nashville (my "local" dealer) who did an excellent job on my gearbox recall. k

Guest davidb

On may 26 th I called the closest MG dealer and made a appointment for the leaky main seal. It is now july first and the have NOT even looked at it to put in a warranty claim. This is a brand new bike.

Guest davidb

update... they have been real busy and have not had a chance to look at it yet(ten minutes) to put in a claim.