FBF Fender Eliminator kit, i finally installed it!

robbiekb

Well it took all of 2 months for the Fender eliminator kit to arrive that i ordered from FBF. Here's my experience from the install.

First off i'm stoked that i could still use the OEM indicators, they bolt right on.

My initial experience was one of frustration because Guzzi insists on using all of the sizes of Allen Wrenchs that I lost during my house move :) . This prompted a quick trip to Home Depot for a new Allen Wrench set. Then I discovered that the connectors were also different, and as an aside whats up with the colour coding for the wiring harness? sheesh..after a final trip to home depot to get a new set of waterproof connectors the whole kit went on in around 45 minutes , including cleanup and securing the new wiring.

All in all i'm really excited by how much installing this kit has cleaned up the rear lines of my V11 without making it look too squidly. Alkl for 80-bucks US !

...now i have to figure out what i want to do with my rear hugger. I can't decide whether to get a carbon fibre one or whetehr to fabricate my own shock protector and call it good.

Guest albarnhart

I put one (FBF) on my bike a week ago. Robbiekb was right the wiring. It kinda sucked...

post-5-1086230361_thumb.jpg

Sounds like all the kits were shipped out within a few days of each other, installed my kit over the weekend, pleasantly surprised how it looks.

My only concern was the gaping hole where the bracket passes through after removing the original fender, that was handled by going to Ace Hardware & buying one of their kits to make washers (two sheets of rubber). A few cuts with the X-acto knife, run the wires through, and lay the sheet over the hole. Done.

With this kit, I might have shut myself out from being able to install the Tekno bags, appreciate any thoughts on that.

:bike:

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 LeMans

With this kit, I might have shut myself out from being able to install the Tekno bags, appreciate any thoughts on that.

I don't think that's necessarily true. The only part that won't bolt in are the two stays on the rear fender. Cut those off, and weld rods that go up to the - I dunno- the turn signal bracket I guess. I bought a used rear fender, and I'm going to try and fab something up, because I cannot loose the bags, but I do want to bob the rear end.

that sounds like something I could be arrested for :homer:

J

Guest robbrugg

Where on the FBF website can I find the elim kit? Couldn't find it!

Are there other places that carry it?

as mentioned above, I order this online yesterday... Called today to see if they actually had it in stock (given the two month wait) and they assured me that all the parts for the kits were in...

So unitl we buy them all out we should be able to get them quickly.

Cheers, Tim

Hi

Just got my kit..

I notice that there are three wires on the new taillight... none of which are "earth" or "ground"...

What do I do with the existing ground wires from the harness? ground to frame?

Seems weird to me

Thanks

Electrically Challenged Tim

Guest robbrugg

Hey - if any of you can post pics, please do. I am looking to replace the directionals with smaller ones...