Shim Run - Success

tomsp

:D Wow - Turtle is definately extremely high on my list of guzzi good guys :sun: Since I got my 03 le mans on 4-26, my crossover pipe has been totally loose. Loose as in rattling around constantly. When I got the bike the crossover was tight - for about 2 hours. I never considered bringing it to a dealer since the nearest was 1 hour ride away. So first (and last) I bought graphite coupling material, put it in both sides, and clamped down. That lasted about 30 minutes as that material broke up and fell out <_>

I posted my situation here, found other strings with similar concerns, and Turtle stepped in and custom made these couplings. :sun: The couplings are aluminum and machined perfectly. They even arrived with cool, clear instructions and were packaged like professionally. I got home at 5 pm and by 5:30 the couplings were installed :bier:

I could tell by just dry fitting the couplings onto the crossover pipe that these were a perfect fit and would do the job. I should have taken pics of the job but it was really too easy and quick!

Best part was stating up the goose. I had never heard - really heard-- my goose before :mg: ( and mind you, since 4-26, I've put on 2200 miles). Man, the thing sounded good :doh: This whole time, I'd been listening to exhaust escaping from my crossover, etc.. What a cool and stunning difference.

Thanks Turtle.

Guest northend

Hey Turtle, Jeff here.

Just lettin ya know that I got mine too. Quite the pack job there, I bet you could have dropped that box off a 20 story building and it wouldn't have phased the parts. Very professional :thumbsup:

Haven't had time to put them in yet,the bike was at the shop for a once over :luigi:

Parts look great, and may I say again, quite the pack job :grin:

Maybe you ought to try and sell your idea to Guzzi eh??

Dont worry, I'll only take 2% of the profits for that idea :D

Thanks again Aaron............Jeff H. :mg:

Stainless Steel! Oh, that's what ss looks like :D I guess I'll need to stare at some aluminum and ss side by side so I'll learn the difference :doh: But, important thing is that they are perfectly tooled -- Al is right, it's a shame I have to hide them. Safe riding all :bike: This fix is just in time for my annual July ride too.