Rims

Guest GGuzzi

Guest GGuzzi

Any one have a link on those good looking Rims on that "guzzi special from Ghezzi&Furia. You know the gold ones with the disc brake on the outer part of rim??? So cool. :wub:

Those wheels are dope though,

Have you bee nable to compare the Ghezzi-Brian based suspension to the Ohlins ?

I'd also be interested to see how the prcing works out in difference between the two.

I have such a Paioli USD fork on my V11

scimg0249.jpg

Very adjustable, preload, compression and rebound easily set.

I am pleased even though I have had time to dial it in yet.

Much smoother action than the stock Marzocchi.

Öhlins is top notch swedish carftmanship

so those should surely be even better.

Guest GGuzzi
I wonder how those wheels hold up to Seattle potholes ?

I just ordered a new set of EBF floating rotors for the stock wheel

What is EBf Floating Rotor?

What is an efb floating rotor????? :huh2:

ack sorry i'm a dyslexic typist :)

I have a split keyboard at home and a regular one at work, switching between the two royally messes with my typing.

asically my OEM brakes warped pretty badly at around 400 miles, i've waited a few years of crappy grabby ABS style braking and now i'm putting on a set of full floating rotors

After a hi speed panic stop, 140 indicated back to 55 to avoid the highway patrol, my rotors were also warped. MGNA eventualy sprung for Speigler cast iron full floaters & carriers. Phil/Tx rode it after they were replaced & said it felt wooden to him :blink: The early bikes didn't have Brembo rotors anyway. I was really happy with the replacments & think they were well worth the cost ( free ) That's just my opinion,I could be wrong. :huh2:

Have you ever got a warnig for excessive deceleration ? :lol:

**** Have you ever got a warnig for excessive deceleration ? :lol:

Actually, yes, but in my cage, and a 244 Volvo at that!

In the late '80's, came around a long sweeper at 90+ on what I thought was deserted back road in SE Georgia (yeah, that's a bit redundant! :D ), to see a state-police roadblock. :o

Turns out they were looking for an escaped convict, and were masterfully placed to be undedected with no escape route.

After a Hotel Sierra decel, I pulled up to the unsmiling trooper with the outstretched hand (while four or more others had leveled shotguns and other quite impressive ordnance. They dropped their artillery when they saw the wife, kids, and cocker spaniel (the last eager to drool on anybody).

After examining my DL & registration, the trooper -- who looked right out of the movies of Southern law enforcement, and not like someone who had a sense of humor -- deadpanned: "Son, better not touch your hood for an hour or so after you get home. Takes awhile for 'em to cool on reentry. Have a safe day. You, too, ma'am." :rolleyes: