Info on Teckno bags

Frank

I'm considering buying a set of Teckno bags for my '03 LeMans, however, all my riding is done with a passenger. I've read posts regarding the tight fit for the passenger's feet because the bag impinges on the foot rest. Has anyone found a way to give the passenger sufficient foot and leg room with these bags?

Thanks.

Frank

Guest northend

They will slide back on the mounts but may come in contact with the exaust cans.

You could make a bracket to hang the cans slightly lower at the mounts thus giving you more room to slide the bags back.

I've got them on my Le Mans and there nice :grin:

If your passenger will put up with the less than ideal passenger sitting, the addition of Techno bags will not phase them. They do slide about 4" forward and back to allow for footspace.

Ciao, Steve G.

To keep the bags from sliding, you could put a length of rubber hose onto the bracket (you need to slice the rubber hose). I have done this from day one with these bags. I have also seen small clamps that can be attached to the bracket to keep the bags from sliding forward. You might be able to find something at the hardware store.

I also do not have any clearence issues with the exhaust (carbon oval Mistrals).

I have rode two up fully loaded for hundreds of miles and have not had a problem with the bags getting in the way.

Hope this helps,

Mike

...from what I recall, my set of Teckno bags came with some little plastic clamps that went on the top bar to keep the bags stationary, so they could not slide.

It seems from a number of posts WRT sliding bags, that not all kits came with these two parts :huh2:

al

Like Al, my tekno bags also came with a litlle plastic clamp-like thing witch works surprisingly well. Even after toutching the garagedoor while riding, the bags stayed in place. As for riding position of the pillion. Its a shame that the bike isnt designed for rider and passenger, the looks of an

V11 arent being enhanced with the removing of the `saddle cap`. Therefore two person use is only for neccesary use. Position will be o.k. then I think.