Increased mileage

badmotogoozer

You have to remember that US/Canadian pump octane of 91 equals approximately 96 in Europe. Using different yardsticks leads to false conclusions.

We use as a pump octane an average of research and motor method (R+M/2).

I didn't know that. So much for standardisation...

I've always had nothing but problems with the high amount of methanol in their product.

Funny, I've always had problems with Chevron gas. No problems so far with the Goose running Mohawk. Long term?? who knows. What problems do you find with the ethanol? Most of the gas companies are putting one form of alcohol or another in their fuel. Hence the problems the vintage guys are having with their old fiberglass tanks melting caused by the alcohol.

cheers,

Rj

Guest Gary Cheek

The comment regarding heat content of regular fuel is true . Higher octane than required is actually detrimental to fuel economy .

Another area of misconception regards octane ratings of euro vs North American gasoline . The euro method uses a different test standard and the euro will give higher numbers for the same fuel .

I have found the best increase in fuel mileage for me came with the installation of 11:1 pistons. Also the largest reduction in fuel mileage.

Care to elaborate?

What bikes did you put Hi Compression pistons in?

Did you enrichen the mixture or reduce timing after the modification?