V.3 Micro Swirl Edging

Guest Natrix

Guest Natrix

I bought the V.3 Micro Swirl Stealth Edging manufactured by SAENG suggested in an earlier topic on wind screen solutions for the Ballabio. It was a total disaster. First of all they force you to buy 3 feet of the stuff and you only need about a foot. The price for 3 feet plus shipping is nearly $50!! I am very lucky that I had a damaged Ballabio windscreen to experiment with before putting it on my motorcycle. The stock rubber edging on the Ballabio is difficult to remove because it is glued in several places. It is nearly impossible to remove without damaging the original edging. It is also difficult to get the remnants of the edging off the acrylic screen. Installing the V.3 Microswirl edging is the easy part. However, because of the shape of the Ballabio screen, there are 2 places where the Micro Swirl edging puckers. This is VERY ugly. I just couldn't put it on my beautiful bike! $50 wasted! I hope others who are considering the SAENG product will read this note. :bbblll:

Thanks for the info...I will stick with the laminer lip until something better comes out. Sounds like you had the same trouble I mentioned with the older version of the product when I tried it on my MZ Traveller. :bbblll:

Randy

sorry, I was one of the guys who suggested the Micro Swirl product.

What can I say - it works for me - it goes on does it's job for a few days at a time, then comes off until needed again.

I would have gladly sent you a foot lengths worth. ask next time for photos,tests,specifics,whatever.

again ...apologies....:huh2:

Guest Natrix

Dear Not Scooter Scura,

Don't worry, you warned us that the edging is ugly. If it fits over the stock edging on the Ballabio, it could be a temporary add on for a trip. That seems like a reasonable fix. Do you put the V.3 edging right on top of the stock edging on the Scura windscreen? If so, does it damage the stock edging?

Thanks for the info.

Natrix. :bier: