Galassetti exhaust

RacerX

Anyone in the U.S. ever source a set of exhaust from these folks? If not, anyone Italian speaking that might be able to help me with this? I have a few inquiries of people here in the U.S. interested in purchasing a set. I'd like to set up a "dealer" situation for their products if possible.

http://www.galassetti.it

Please contact me direct:

Todd@GuzziTech.com

Todd, check with Andy at Ducati Nashville, I believe he was trying to get a program going with either Galasetti or Gianelli.

PS: The map you forwarded me for the Powercommander works wonderfully, biggest difference being that the bike has smoothed out / less vibration thru the bars.

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans

Todd, check with Andy at Ducati Nashville, I believe he was trying to get a program going with either Galasetti or Gianelli.

PS: The map you forwarded me for the Powercommander works wonderfully, biggest difference being that the bike has smoothed out / less vibration thru the bars.

Phil, thanks for the contact. I just mailed him.

Good to hear on the PCIII. Glad to be of help... but didn't anyone tell you yet these PCIII's don't work. Heh.

Todd

Guest robbrugg

This company interests me - it's really cool that the cans are higher, BUT the passanger footpegs are retained, and I thinks this MAY offer some protection to the cans in the event of a tipover. Very nice!

Robb

....am I the only one that thinks the solution looks very odd with the exhaust hangar brackets and passenger pegs sticking out further than the sides of the rear bodywork? :huh2:

I understand the engineering and what was required to get the exhaust cans tucked up and under the way they are, but I think the solution they used, shimming out the OEM hangars, is aesthetically unappealing and uninspired.

Maybe that seems harsh, and I don't mean it to be, but I think that some creative bracketry could have made for a much more appealing solution.

al

I have a set of Galasetti mufflers on my V11. I got them from the mfg. They are a bit pricey and ordering from the factory is difficult. The cross-over looks just like a stucchi. Their sound is not as loud as you may think. They are similar to the Guzzi ti pipes, maybe a little louder. The hangers are pushed out, yes, and their purchase point near the front of the cans leave the cans cantilevered out behind. Its not a very tight mount system. Also, their high position complicates any sort of side bag mounting. The extension shims to kick out the mounting brackets usually rub the plastic seat base. There is another similar system being produced in australia.