1100 go faster bits

Murray

My 1100 sport is comming up on 90 000kms and with the rate I ride especailly over the approaching summer it will be well over 100 000kms. Now I think I've lined up a motard to go racing and maybe the MGS-01 if it every eventuates. But it looks like the venrable 1100 sport is in for the long haul in my shed/garage. I was thinking of starting to collect bits for the invetable motor rebuild that will eventally be required. The bike is already fitted with flat slide carbs and full termi system so we can safely say thats sorted. Currently on the list is a deep V sump carillio rods and maybe a lightwieght clutch/flywheel. After that I'm not really sure one thing is I don't want to raise the compression ratio much as fuel stops can be few and far between and the ablity to put whats avalible in the tank without having to worry about it is worthwhile.

So whats avalible Big bore kits? Someone said something abut a 94mm barrel kit but I'm not certian that will run with the 1100's crank. Lumpier cam, lightwieght pushrods? I am aware that extracting significantly more power out of the two valve motor is a bit of a fruitless exercise but if the motor is pulled down anyway.

Ok I get the feeling if I asked about high rise bars lower foot pegs or after market tail sections I would of got many many relpies. There are some people that have done some work to thier motors. What were the results the Mega cycle cams intrest me but I'm not sure what variations on the theme are avalible.

Well, I haven't done anything to my engine, but if you want go fast bits, it seems the logical place to start is to contact Mike Rich. Doesn't he do basically what Manfred used to do, i.e. make Guzzi's fast? I've never even talked to the fellow, so I can't personally recommend him, but he did do some fine work on the Guzzi land speed record bike.

http://www.cookedgoose.org/

:huh2:

Hope that helps. I'm still polishing my footpegs and handlebars... :rasta:

J