Engine Breakdown...

marcnils

Guest bshpilot
You might ciontact the Guzzi importer and ask if they could spare a 2002 crankcase with bublematic paint . They should have a few of those kicking around slightly used and the paint shouldn't be too hard to remove .

i think i might know where youll be able to get a bubble-matic from.... :( :(

I do know where you can get a replacement crank case, but as Pete Roper said, you're going to have more problems than a hole in the case. Take a good look at the pics on the exploda Quota again. Carl Allison can probably give you some advice on trying to rebuild a wreck & that goes for engines too.$$$$$$$$$$

Guest Gary Cheek

I guess I was lucky . No need for all those parts . Hope you get lucky too . I was actually being a bit facetious about all those bubblematic cases Guzzi replaced but I'm sure they are laying around somewhere . In fact engine #1 from Scura #263 is sitting at MGNA somewhere , it should be very repairable too .

I bought my 2000 model in March this year and found out about the recall on this site. The franchised dealer I was buying the bike from did not know there was a recall. I contacted MG in the UK and was told my bike was affected and my dealer carried out the work, he had the parts within a fortnight (it possibly helped that I had not parted with any cash at the time I found out about the recall).

It seems that MG are waiting for owners to contact them rather than track down the affected bikes.

I hope MG give you a new engine (assuming it was on the recll list) as they know about the problem.

It seems that MG are waiting for owners to contact them rather than track down the affected bikes.

Just read other threads and I am wrong as existing owners had been contacted, still seems strange that a franchised dealer knew nothing about the recall.

Guest GGuzzi

O man that is uggglyyy. I don't I have seen anything like that. I am getting a priest to bless my bike just in case. Sorry Dude...