Too many parts to play with...

callison

Just playing around while waiting for my replacement porkchop to arrive.

V11SportwithDaytonaFairing.gif

or

V11SportwithSportiFairing.gif

If this were on the side of a breakfast cereal box...

How many things can you spot on this bike that are not stock? (more at the bottom)

Extending the Daytona fairing scheme, picture a V11 Sport in this livery...

Sport1100wfairing.jpg

with this painit job...

Bild08.jpg

Nice possibility I think.

Answers to the question.

Well... it looks pretty much stock except for the frame paint. In fact, the frame is a 1996 Sport 1100i with the necessary changes to accommodate the V11 Sport swingarm. All of the suspension components are WP's, also from a Sport 1100i - which necessitated using the older style Brembo calipers (400mm) instead of the stock ones. It's a bastard V11 Sport, so it will be interesting to see how it handles with the extra 1 degree of rake but with the shorter trail of the V11 Sport instead of that of the Sport 1100i. Also notice the Dunwell Jacks V11 Sport adaptor for the hydraulic lift. I now have two lifts, the other has the adaptor for the California frames. Both work pretty well and just a whole bunch better than balancing the bikes on the standard hydralic ATV lift.

Money. I'm pretty much out of the stuff at this point. Nice though an aluminum swingarm would be, the bike would still be heavy enough to not benifit from a cost standpoint. Oz wheels would be a better choice for the money and I can't afford those either. Marchesini's are okay, this is just going to be a street bike tarted up a tad.

The Daytona fairing is a go. I think there are still some lowers available as well, so I'll look into ordering them as well. I have the front sub-frame, headlight, windshield and mirrors as well, but brackets for the mirrors and the rear ears of the fairing will have to be fabricated as well as instrument mounts and the glove compartment lid, which is missing.