help a newbie

Guest cfc

Basic Q&A if someone could be so kind as to help a rookie out

1) What is the best possible motor oil I should be using for my '01 V11 sport

2) do these bike use a lot of oil? Had a Buell and had to top off every 4-6 tanks depending on how hard I pushed it.

3) Bike has 1700m on it and i just got it. i know all services have been done but it has been sitting for a year since its last oil change and I know the guy who had it before did not pay too much attention to the break-in schedual. in short the oil is very dark for not many miles and supposedly synthetic. hsould I go for a repeat on the last service?

4) Bike has loud pipes not sure the make but carbon fiber barrels. Read the air filter thread and it seems pods are the way. Do i need to make any adjustments when removing the airbox? OR should I have my garage do it and not worry 'bout it?

5)Any one familiar with Magni and this kit :http://www.magni.it/sfida.htm ??

Want one, bad.

Appreciate anyones input

CFC

Basic Q&A if someone could be so kind as to help a rookie out

1) What is the best possible motor oil I should be using for my '01 V11 sport

As it was once put- 'the kind that comes in an unopened container'. Put whatever makes you happy in your bike. If you like dino, use dino. If you like synthetic, use synthetic. Really doesn't matter a whole lot unless you do some extreme stuff with your motor.

2) do these bike use a lot of oil? Had a Buell and had to top off every 4-6 tanks depending on how hard I pushed it.

Mine doesn't use much, if any, oil. I still keep an eye on it.

3) Bike has 1700m on it and i just got it. i know all services have been done but it has been sitting for a year since its last oil change and I know the guy who had it before did not pay too much attention to the break-in schedual. in short the oil is very dark for not many miles and supposedly synthetic. hsould I go for a repeat on the last service?

I would replace oil and filter, set valves to Euro spec (sorry- I don't have the numbers on me). Maybe change the transmission and rear drive oil just for fun.

4) Bike has loud pipes not sure the make but carbon fiber barrels. Read the air filter thread and it seems pods are the way. Do i need to make any adjustments when removing the airbox? OR should I have my garage do it and not worry 'bout it?

5)Any one familiar with Magni and this kit :http://www.magni.it/sfida.htm ??

Want one, bad.

4) Pods or an open airbox lid. Either work, and seem to work just as well. Depends on what look you are going for and how much stuff you want to remove from under the tank. You do need to adjust the mixture in either case- richen up the bike a little bit. There are numerous writeups of how to adjust the TPS (see www.guzzitech.com and also search this forum). You may want to add a PCIII.

5) Yes, they look really cool. Some people love them; there has been one complaint very recently that the mounting brackets broke on their fairing.

Enjoy your bike!

Jason