Running Z6 rear with M1 Sportec Front?

rossojoj

Hi

Has anyone replaced their worn rear M1 Sportec (Metzeler) with an Z6 180/55, and kept the front on for awhile until it wears out?

My rear is pretty much treadless in the middle after 5000km, but the front has no cupping and seems good for another 2-3k km.

I understood from other posts that the new Z6 has a profile similar to the M1 Sportec rather than the older generation MEZ4? If so then I am thinking they will work fine together.

I am guessing that technically at least its not an allowed combination in Germany but I understood from my dealer that MG are no longer specifying particular tyre types for the MG and that if Metzeler has tested it then it should be fine?

:bike:

Jonathan

What I know is that the Diablo and the Z6 are the same tyres. The profile is the only change in the tyres but the compound, the silica and the other components and the machines witch makes the tyre are the same.

The handling of the Z6 is also the same as the Diablo strada. The both tyres are made in the same factory in Germany, you should know it.

BTW, the front tyre of the Z6 is NOT the same as the M1 sport.

left=Z6 right=Diablo

ciao