V11 Lemans or V11 Rosso Corsa

Guest King

Hi All

Hoping some of you will share your opinions with me.

I’ve decided to purchase a new V11 :D but I’m not sure weather to spend the extra dollars and get a Rosso Corsa :huh2: .

Am I right in saying that the only difference is the Ohlins suspension?

I like to push my bikes in the twisties, but I hardly ever go to a track.

Are the Ohlins a huge improvement or am I better off saving my money and going for a standard Lemans?

(I’m not considering resale at this stage, don’t intend on selling it for a long while :) )

Looking forward to your responses

Cheers

King

well to be fair i havent ridden a post 2001 V11 other than one with Ohlins, but my recomendation is to buy the rosso. The ohlins is expensive to do aftermarket and you know that you'll want it at some point :)

Guest dkgross

King...make sure you look in the classified section here for my post on the deals at Moto International. He has a Rosso at a great price, along with a Cafe Sport. A lot of the bikes on the list are already spoken for, but it's always worth calling to see if he's got the one you're interested in..

YO ROBBIE!!! You back in the states??

Guest PAID BY FORD

Hi King,

I think you should get the rosso. and the reason being is that a year from now is when you will really appreciate it. Trust me you just will. when i bought my aprilia factory last october i chose the factory. glad i did. last month i bought a mv agusta 1000s, i took the agostini and i am glad i did, a week ago sunday i picked up a v11 i chose the nero corse, also happy. the prices arent that much of a difference and like you said you plan on keeping the bike so it averages out to even less and wait till you groove on the ohlins. It rocks!!! Either way though congratulations and enjoy your fabulous new bike!!!!

Good choice. I enjoy the reactions when I pass a posse of sport bikes in the twisties on something that is clearly not Japanese, then at the local hang out they realize that it is not only something different; but different to the next level. (particularly the squids "Man, that bike came with OHLINS STOCK!!!!!) You can see them wet themselves. Great fun. Sometimes even a grey-bread will take notice and start a converstaion. :bier:

Nothing wrong with the Lemans, but if your are going to do it, do it.

I think you should check out Fonzie's bike http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3653

Even if you're not Ricky Roadracer I think you'll appreciate the more compliant Ohlin's, plus there's the poser factor too :thumbsup:

35212[/snapback]

Hi King,

I wonder why TX didn't give you advice about an alternative bike...

Check tihs SOLEX out...!!!! :bike::thumbsup::bike: