V11 Exhaust Ssystem

Guest philbo

Has anyone run a Ghezzi & Brian exhaust on their V11 (road riding rather than racing)? I'm curious about the spec's (and the noise). Following is from an email response to Ghezzi & Brian about their exhaust.

"code 200099008 Central exhaust system for Moto Guzzi V11 (with catalyzer)

to be mounted under the egar, equipped with conical collectors. Suitable for Moto Guzzi V11 (all models).

POWER: increase of 3,9 CV compared to the original (equally distributed on the whole using scale).

TORQUE: increase of 0,32 KGM compared to the original.

WEIGHT: whole plant 7,3 KG reduction of 9,1 KG compared to the original.

DYNAMIC CHARACTERISTICS: The weight reduction combine to the mass approaching to the barycentre improves the bend insertion and the agility in the "flip-flop" considerably."

Thanks

Phil

Are the "Quat-D" and G&B unit the same?

If so, yes, do a search on "Quat" and you'll find a few threads on it.

I know the initial versions of the Quat had some QA issues with breaking welds, and lost some top-end power if I recall as compared to the stock dual-output exhaust.

al

Are the "Quat-D" and G&B unit the same?

37069[/snapback]

Good question - They look similar but I can't say for sure. EIther way, I guess I'm pretty much sold on the Stucchi / Mistral / PCIII / Air Box mod kit / Dyno combination but I want to make sure I explore all the options first - had I done that in the first place, I'd own a Rosso Corsa rather than a base LeMans :(

Such is life

Cheers

Phil

...hey now, a LeMans isn't "base"  :bbblll:

;)

al

37130[/snapback]

Maybe I could have said that better :whistle: I absolutely love my LeMans. It’s my 17th bike and I bought it based on very fond memories of an 850 LeMans I owned back in the early 80’s. It’s just that I’m a little surprised that the dealer didn’t bother trying to sell me one of the more expensive models or at least explain the differences – then again it could be my fault for not doing the research which is really what I was getting at … :huh: