12k mile service & fork oil levels

hoytstaab

hello,

i have a '03 V11 Sport Naked with ~ 13 k miles. I recently had the 12k service in which the fork oil was replaced.

The bike's suspension was too soft when I got the bike back (non-responsive front-end). I took it back to the dealer and another tech re-set the suspension to be more stiff. The bike is significantly more responsive in the front (much quicker steering). However, the same tech was wondering why the fork oil levels were different in either shock. He is going to take note of the next '03 that comes in for the same service....but I was hoping to find out from someone else if this is something normal or not. The new handling is getting more familiar, but he & I both are wondering about the rebound.

I had one of the best rides ever shortly before this service (running with Buell XB-9, R1, & GSX 750 in a twisty mountain area) so I am really hoping to get the handling back to where it was or better. Very happy with the Guzzi's performance & the shop, Moto International.

other notes: heavier grade fork oil replaced the stock oil. Rebound might not be enough since it springs back to quick (feels "bouncy" when i push on the bars while stationary). This model does not have the Scura Ohlins forks.

I realize suspension settings are a whole realm by themselves, but any input on the differing fork oil levels and rebound would be helpful. With gear, I am ~ 180 lb. rider.

thanks,

Doug