PCIII - Need Download

hgravelpha@aol.com

Why can't you just richen it up yourself?

38419[/snapback]

I agree.

Exhaust gas analyzers, dyno’s, and maps are great tuning aids, but the old fashion way works too. Changing the map is much easier that changing jets. Start by adding 5%-10% or so, in the ranges that bike seems lean in. Save your maps and experiment. You can check your plugs or look for excessive exhaust soot too verify that you are not to rich. Use the old “butt dyno” to judge how your bike is running, although calibration of this instrument can be questionable. :)

I opened my airbox and noticed a decrease in performance and possible knocking sounds. I richened my map 5-10% and the performance increased. I tried it again and it was too rich. I will probably get a custom map made when I’m done modifying the bike, but for now I’m happy.

I also used the “map compare” function of the PCIII software on the published maps to make sure I was not too far off what others have done. It gives a great graphical comparison that makes it easy to compare maps.

Beware of some of the maps on published on guzzitech.com as they seem pretty wacky. I assume they were done with non-standard TPS voltages or some other issue, but Todd at guzzitech would probably know better.