Moto Guzzi on Motors TV

jrt

Well, I finally figured out how to write a DVD movie from the .avi file Martin gave me. Thanks Martin!

And, I'm darn proud of myself- I figured out how to write the disk image using all the Unix tools built into MacOS X. :nerd::nerd::nerd: I get three nerds and snaps for that one.

Last night I watched it on my home DVD player, and everything appears to be copasetic. The hard part was trying to figure out how to convert from British PAL format to the US NTSC format. The program itself was ok- I learned that there is only one optometrist and one dentist in Mandello.

For ya'll that was interested, shoot me an email/PM and I'll mail you a copy (or I can host the disk image as long as it's discreet- I don't want to infringe on copyright too much).

I suggest in lieu of paying for shipping ($1), send a donation to v11lemans for web site maintanence.

Jason

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the .avi file Martin gave me. Thanks Martin!

Sorry. It was not I . KENR put it on to a server. :thumbsup:

I can just make copies PAL or NTSC without region codeing and send them snail mail - willing to do so - so far only sent 3 copies out - Finland , USA and Australia so some pennies left in the piggy bank to do some more, But will not probably arrive till next year (in the spirit of Moto Guzzi parts).

So the choices are there depending on how urgently you wish to see these old duffers talking about the good old times, whilst us young bucks post about our ultra moden machines :D

Well, I finally figured out how to write a DVD movie from the .avi file Martin gave me.  Thanks Martin!

And, I'm darn proud of myself- I figured out how to write the disk image using all the Unix tools built into MacOS X.   :nerd:  :nerd:  :nerd:   I get three nerds and snaps for that one.

Last night I watched it on my home DVD player, and everything appears to be copasetic.  The hard part was trying to figure out how to convert from British PAL format to the US NTSC format. The program itself was ok- I learned that there is only one optometrist and one dentist in Mandello.  

For ya'll that was interested, shoot me an email/PM and I'll mail you a copy (or I can host the disk image as long as it's discreet- I don't want to infringe on copyright too much).

I suggest in lieu of paying for shipping ($1), send a donation to v11lemans for web site maintanence.

Jason

39083[/snapback]

Don't you have iDVD on your Mac?

Anway I would love a copy .. and I can burn NTSC versions from the .avi if you like .... I think I can anyway ... can I get an FTP address? fox@siliconnoise.com

Sorry. It was not I . KENR put it on to a server. :thumbsup:

I can just make copies PAL or NTSC without region codeing and send them snail mail - willing to do so - so far  only sent 3 copies out - Finland , USA and Australia so some pennies left in the piggy bank to do some more, But will not probably arrive till next year (in the spirit of Moto Guzzi parts).

So the choices are there depending on how urgently you wish to see these old duffers talking about the good old times,  whilst us young bucks post about our ultra moden machines  :D

39084[/snapback]

Whoops, sorry to kenr. Thanks Ken! He offered to send me a copy as well. I was just stubborn enough that I wanted to figure it out myself.

I do have iDVD, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I used mmpegenc and a few other utilities.

The problem with PAL is that even though there is no region encoding, most DVD machines here (US) won't read that format- they are hard-coded for NTSC *only*.

Antonio- send who over? A disk? You might ask Martin to send you one- it's cheaper for shipping and the video format will be correct.

Fox- the file is 1.7 GB. My first choice is mail a hardcopy due to size, but if you are desparate (and have your own dvd burner), I'll put it on a server. Shoot me a PM.

Jason

Whoops, sorry to kenr.  Thanks Ken! 

39133[/snapback]

Hi Jason - no problem, glad you got your DVD cut. I've been having real problems trying to convert the format to NTSC - my PC keeps crashing and I finally figured out there is one frame 45mins into the program that is causing it, though I have no idea why. I've cut a couple of frames out and giving it another run overnight tonight - if it works I should be on track to having a DVD in the next day or so.

Rgds,

Ken

Hi Jason - no problem, glad you got your DVD cut. I've been having real problems trying to convert the format to NTSC - my PC keeps crashing and I finally figured out there is one frame 45mins into the program that is causing it, though I have no idea why. I've cut a couple of frames out and giving it another run overnight tonight - if it works I should be on track to having a DVD in the next day or so.

Rgds,

Ken

39158[/snapback]

I had the same issue, but 22 min, 43 seconds into the video. :huh2: I don't pretend to know why it did work when it did. I think maybe I set the 'motion detection' level differently.

I'll be happy to send you a copy as well if you send me your address.

Cheers,

Jason

I had the same issue, but 22 min, 43 seconds into the video.  :huh2: I don't pretend to know why it did work when it did.  I think maybe I set the 'motion detection' level differently.

I'll be happy to send you a copy as well if you send me your address.

Cheers,

Jason

39187[/snapback]

Thanks for the offer Jason. I have it figured now, still got to out it together but I know how to work around the problem. Trust Guzzi to even crash my PC :o

I've been out of town and lost track on this thread. Who do I ask to get the FTP site? Please email me off list. Thanks.

39199[/snapback]

Carl,

I have a DivX version for download (650MB) and I think Jason has an image you can burn a proper DVD (1.7Gb) - which one did you want ?

I am also working on a DVD and would be happy to mail you a copy when its done if you don't mind waiting.

Rgds,

Ken

Probably the one for a proper DVD. I don't even know what DivX is although I'm certain I could find a way to use it. Currently I have a 2x2Ghz Macintosh G5 with 2.5Gb memory and enough hardware to burn a DVD, just never bothered to learn how to do it. This woulld be a good opportunity to get my head out of the mud and learn how.