Moto Guzzi on Motors TV

jrt

I downloaded the client-1.1.5-DevRel_macos-gcc3-pb_all_clients and then renamed it to all_clients-helix-20041219-macos-gcc3-pb, though I have no idea if any of this stuff is correct.

I'm running it again right now, but I may have (once again) chosen the wrong options.

39349[/snapback]

Are you gonna burn it using iDVD?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have iDVD, so I'll give it a try with Disk Utility. I can watch the .avi file full screen 16x9 on my 23" Cinema Display and it looks good. Sound is scratchy though. If I can watch it, I ought to be able to convert it.

I don't have iDVD, so I'll give it a try with Disk Utility. I can watch the .avi file full screen 16x9 on my 23" Cinema Display and it looks good. Sound is scratchy though. If I can watch it, I ought to be able to convert it.

39352[/snapback]

Okey doakey - BTW the sound IS scratchy, that's the way it comes on the file - not a problem at your end.

Okey doakey - BTW the sound IS scratchy, that's the way it comes on the file - not a problem at your end.

39355[/snapback]

This is really annoying - its only the voiceover thats a problem, the talking in the background is fine. Amazing that someone could do such a bad job of recording a voiceover for a commercial program. Still worth watching though.

This is really annoying - its only the voiceover thats a problem, the talking in the background is fine. Amazing that someone could do such a bad job of recording a voiceover for a commercial program. Still worth watching though.

39365[/snapback]

I got the DVD sent to me & the sound is perfecto - the one I downloaded had the scratchy voiceover.

I am in the process of ripping the DVD, taking the Ads out & putting some more stuff to a new DVD.

Can let you know , how it goes.

n_s_S!

I finally got it to work in 16x9 aspect ratio. Irritating that creating the file only takes 45 minutes but burning the DVD takes 2 hours. Next step, find out how to edit out the ads and what software it takes to do so.

I watched it last night. Great program.

I wonder how they can say that Moto Guzzi is the first to manufacture a transverse V twin when Indian beat them to the punch by 23 years. There is also the Lilac, built in the early 60s, I believe.

I watched it last night. Great program.

I wonder how they can say that Moto Guzzi is the first to manufacture a transverse V twin when Indian beat them to the punch by 23 years. There is also the Lilac, built in the early 60s, I believe.

39388[/snapback]

eh, details.

Carl,

Offa one of the ffmpegx forums:

Hint/Tip by Doctor Jay

: There seems to be a lotta problems keeping the links to 3rd party components up to date - I think I've found the correct link to the Ral Libs:

http://forms.helixcommunity.org/helixdnacl..._clients.tar.gz

If that link gets moved again, start from here, and download the "DR5/ MACOS-GCC3-PB / ALL CLIENTS" file

http://forms.helixcommunity.org/helixdnaclient/

-phew! (12/9/2004, Version: 0.0.9q)

Guest Steve_W

I haven't seen the program, but if they said the Guzzi engine is transverse they're wrong. Harleys and Ducatis have transverse V-twins. The Guzzi's engine is mounted longitudinally. Don't believe me? Go outside and check how the engine in your rear-drive V-8 truck is mounted. North-south, right? That's longitudinal. Now go look at your neighbor's front-drive Honda Civic. It's in there sideways, east-west. That's transverse. Your Guzzi's engine is north-south, my Triumph's engine is east-west.

OK, that personal nit is now picked. <_< Carry on...

[Walks off mumbling, waving arms about]

Steve W.

Transverse versus longitudinal. This discussion has been up before. In my opinion they are describing the cylinders being placed on a motorcycle rather than the crank. Wasn't the Honda CB750 4 cylinder called an in line transverse 4?

Guest Steve_W

The original Honda 750 is a transverse inline four. Transverse because the engine sits sideways in the frame, inline because the four cylinders are lined up in a row. A VFR is a transverse V-4. BMW inline triples and fours are not transverse, and everybody can tell. Like Guzzis, a BMW twin isn't transverse either, but if you ask ten motorcyclists if it's transverse, five of them will swear it is, two will give you a dumb look and say they don't know, two will have to think about it first and one will still guess wrong, the other will guess right. That leaves one lonely soul who knows, and he'll have a pet peeve he can nurse the rest of his life. Hmmph.

There's a foot of snow on the ground. Can you tell? :P

North-south, right?  That's longitudinal.  Now go look at your neighbor's front-drive Honda Civic.  It's in there sideways, east-west.  That's transverse.  Your Guzzi's engine is north-south, my Triumph's engine is east-west

I thought this discussion should be about "right or wrong" :D

• 4 weeks later...
The original Honda 750 is a transverse inline four.  Transverse because the engine sits sideways in the frame, inline because the four cylinders are lined up in a row.  A VFR is a transverse V-4.  BMW inline triples and fours are not transverse, and everybody can tell.  Like Guzzis, a BMW twin isn't transverse either, but if you ask ten motorcyclists if it's transverse, five of them will swear it is, two will give you a dumb look and say they don't know, two will have to think about it first and one will still guess wrong, the other will guess right.  That leaves one lonely soul who knows, and he'll have a pet peeve he can nurse the rest of his life.  Hmmph.

There's a foot of snow on the ground.  Can you tell?   :P

39422[/snapback]

Yeah, we had a pretty extensive "debate"(some might say one-sided diatribe on my part :P ) on this topic a while back.... and I am on your side of the argument.

The Guzzi V-Twin is a longitudinal installation, per standard automotive(and MC) lexicon, and your analogy/examples. As I said elsewhere, if the MG engine were a V4(or more), it would be much more obvious.

I really can't see that there is much to debate if one just looks at the the plane the engine rotates in, and it's aligment/relationationship with the long axis of the bike... but I suspect it will never-the-less be debated ad-nauseaum by many :unsure:

:D

al

P.S.

I received the DVD, and THANKS :bier: I haven't had a chance to watch it yet what with the new job, replacind the totalled auto, etc... it's just been wild around here. But I will try to watch it ASAP :food: