Fork mounted headlight bracket

Guest motomaniac

Guest motomaniac

Could someone post a few good pics of a v11 naked or similar bike that has the headlight assembly mounted to the forks? I have a Ballabio and have tried to find a set of the brackets to change my bike, but have had no luck. If I could get some good close picks of the setup, I can get a friend to make the mounts for me.

Thanks. :luigi:

Guest motomaniac

Thanks for the help Paul, but my friend looked at the pics and said he may need to see a pic that has a little more clarity of the bracket.

Oh very well. When I go out to the garage to work on the V11 Sport project, I'll take some pictures. The headlight is off anyway, so this is a perfect opportunity. I'll try to exract the drawing from the parts manual as well.

Hi,

I have my headlight and bracket assemblies in pieces at the moment off my Scura as I'm carrying out work on it and considering a frame mount fairing. The previous post sets out good detail of the mounting. I can take some digital shots of the mounting brackets and post them to either the forum or your own email if you wish, just let me know which you prefer. If you have a photo of the frame mount brackets, it would be appriciated also.

Regards Ken

(auldy)

:)

Guest motomaniac

Hey, thanks for all the help guys.

Ken, I'll take some pics of my bike, with the frame mount, tonight and post them. Though, I don't know why anyone would want to look at that hideous thing.

I'm beginning to wish now I had purchased a V11 Naked, but at the time, it was red, I was bikeless.....ah true love. :wub:

Additionally, looking at Carl's diagram, I now see that the headlight casing itself looks to be different, which presents a whole new problem. We'll just have to have a go at it and see what comes up. :luigi:

I went the same route, the naked headlight is about 1" wider than the LM headlight. The original naked mounting brackets are too far apart to fit the LM headlight. I've made spacers out of alu tube that go over the bolt that mounts the headlight to the bracket.. Doesn't look very nice but it works.

Guest motomaniac

I just recieved an email from my dealer with the factory purchase price of the fork mounts - $252.08. A little steep if you ask me. :blink:

Steep? Good Lord, that's straight up! I emailed Pete at guzzereboot to see if he had a set, no reply yet. Will keep you posted. For that price, I'm not parting with mine even if I do get the Daytona fairing fitted (and boy is that ever getting to be a slow project!).

Guest motomaniac

Well, I thought it sounded steep. Maybe it is about right. Then again, maybe we just have different perspectives on it, I know I can't afford four nice bikes out front in the cul-de-sac. :race::race::race::race:

Anyway, Ken, you asked for pics of the frame mounting on my bike....

post-1405-1104293940_thumb.jpg

post-1405-1104293970_thumb.jpg

post-1405-1104293995_thumb.jpg