V11 LeMans tranny jammed in gear

Guest golden goose

Guest golden goose

Was riding my 02 V11 LeMans home today when after downshifting to 5th, it stuck there. Shifter moved up and down no problem, but no shifts. Managed to nurse it home, but it is firmly stuck in 5th. At first I thought it was the linkage coming unscrewed or something, but it looks and works OK, but the tranny won't shift.

Problem must be internal. From near when it was new it would sometimes get stuck in a gear with the lever locked down. I would coast to a stop witht he clutch it, then engage it a bit roll the bike and then try the shifter. This has worked every time except today.

Anybody ever experience this or had problems with the shifter locking up on a V11 LeMans?

Hi Goose,

Welcome in the club of broken trannies - mine broke in 4th. As stated by Ken it's fixable; it took my mechanic a day to do the job.

Good luck!

Søren

Well, from your profile I can't tell what part of the world you're in, but if near Atlanta GA let me know.

I replaced mine earlier this year & can lend a hand if needed. It's not a bad job, but a little patience is needed.

Phil