Scan Tool Question...

slug

Found this little item on the FBF site: Scan Tool

Being the computer geek that I am... This seems pretty cool. However, I'd like to know if anyone here has had any experience with the software, and more importantly, would this work in conjunction with the PC III?

My dream and current plan: I want to use the FBF Airbox eliminator w/custom exhaust (Chopped LaFranconi oval V11 cans which I will post hardcore & explicit pics of chopping & welding & metalwork advice) along with the PC III, to make my '03 V11 Sport the baddest bike on my block (ok, so its the ONLY bike on my block right now...)).

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

- Slug

Hi Slug,

I'm not a computer whizz kid myself, but I have previously seen Dave Laing refer to this site. I think Dave is the man to talk to.

Dave, are you there? Stop eating and get back to work now! :D

I've also been looking at various exhaust systems, but I haven't yet made up my mind. I'm having doubt whether I should go for the Quat-D or a FBF with X-over, airbox eliminator kit and a PC-III. I'll probably head for the latter as I want more power.

Post the pics as soon as you're ready and good luck with the baaad Gooser :thumbsup:

Cheers

Søren

:food: Did somebody say, FOOD?

Oh, well, I guess I need to make my own breakfast.

I never bought the tool myself.

My ultimate goal is to have a Palm running both the PCIII, a K&N fuel mixture meter, and Vehicle Diagnostic Scan Tool.

A possible problem is:

Scan tool uses serial

Newer Palms are USB.

PCIIIs used to be serial but are now USB.

So, an adapter might be necessary.

I love the idea of being able to put a map in the PCIII, start the scan tool log, go for a ride, then tweak the map.

It does not give the feedback of the PC tuning link on a dyno, that is it does not measure lambda, nor automatically adjust the right numbers at the right spot, but I think it could help create a map.

A K&N mixture meter could be used in conjunction, but it would not log.

So, all together it may cost 3 times the cost of a dyno run and take weeks to dial in, but it would be fun! :cheese:

Most people will not use the scan tool that way.

It is simply a great diagnostic tool, almost essential, that could easily tell you if something is not functioning correctly.

You could buy it and rent it out to all your v11 riding buddies! :grin: