Breva 1100 & Griso to be at DC IMS Show

Desdinova

Moto Guzzi has decided to be at the DC IMS Show. In addition to the Nevada and who knows what else on such short notice they will also have a Breva 1100 and a Griso there. I will be there, mostly at the Guzzi booth on Friday (5ish to 9ish) just hanging out. I'll be there on Saturday morning too but roaming the floors. Hope to meet some of you there.

I heard that this was not an attendance driven decision, but rather based on 2004 sales of new bikes in the surrounding areas that determine if they are going to attend. Appearently sales in the metro DC area (which for those not familiar is Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia as DC is the dot that sits in the middle) was high enough and is historically high enough to make trip.

Personally I think the places with the worst sales should be where they go to generate buisness, but that's another type of stratagy I guess. I'm glad they will be in DC

Moto Guzzi has decided to be at the DC IMS Show.... I heard that this was not an attendance driven decision, but rather based on 2004 sales of new bikes in the surrounding areas that determine if they are going to attend....Personally I think the places with the worst sales should be where they go to generate buisness, but that's another type of stratagy I guess. ...

40832[/snapback]

Well, doing a road show in an area that has traditionally poor sales is a great way to increase your exposure, but a poor way to increase sales. Since MG has limited promotional funds due to poor sales, it makes more sense to wave the flag where there's some hope of it leading to closing a deal... ;)

Ok, well no Breva 1100 OR Griso at the DC IMS Show. They do have a couple Nevada's and Breva 750's, and Cali EV and the MGS-01 with some nice eye candy.

When I asked where the bikes were, the rep relayed that he was expecting them, but they got sent back to Italy for some reason that he did not go into