posting photo of my teni--test

fernando

small.JPGteni_seat.JPG

ok i had explained before but it did not come out.

if this registers and posts i will return and explain the medical reasons for the cut out.similar to the problems bicycle riders have . highest incidence of prostate cancer and impotence. same applies in a smaller scale to sport bike riders .

ok i got it posted.

the reason for the cut out .

i did a 5 day or more trip 10 hours a day and when i got home i was impotent.

went to the doctor and after 10 days of antibiotics i was back to normal.

i spoke to various doctors and did research.

conclusion------

both bicycle riders and to a lesser degree sport bike riders have a higher incidence of prostate cancer and impotence than the general population.

the reason is that the seats ,the way they are made put undue pressure on the area just below the sexual organs where there are two veins that carry blood to the organs.

the pressure causes these vains to compress and with repeated abuse --the seat---,not use, the veins tend to collapse and thus restrict the flow of blood intot he sexual organs of both men and women creating impotence in men and dryness in women.

also ,the prostate gland is affected and may damage it and or increase the possibility of cancer.

if ,a person feels sick after a ride and does not see a doctor there is a possibility thet the infection in the protate gland may spread and cause blood poisonning ...i personally came across 3 cases of this happening to motorcycle riders and one of them was on a harley.they spent about 2 weeks in the hospital.

i personally met two of them in the course of my research in the miami area.

also,i had coversations with corbin for a saddle to my specs.

they finally offered one ,in better taste than mine ,and better proportions ,in their harley line up.but nothing to do with my drawings .they did this,i think ,on their own ,about 6 months after we spoke i saw the ad.

they also offered to make one for my guzzi ,but,i had to travel to california . therefore i did my own work to see if i could do it.

i had posted earlier on the construction and the materials used . go back about two years of posts.

the new saddle is 2 inches taller to relieve my knees without having to relocate the pegs ,and also,as my head is higher there is zero wind buffeting from the fairing.

bottom line---i now ride long days and have not had any problems. also fabricated a similar seat for my bmw r100rs 1982 and just came back from a 3 day trip to key west and the everglades .from miami where i am now .total trip about 600 miles .

also, at first ,i could tell the difference in the seat. but once i got used to it ,it is great.actually,it is less fatiguing than the regular seat.

for background ,the old us army had in their horse saddles a large openning that ran the entire lenght of the saddle form front to rear and was about 2 inches wide.also in theis area.

most bicycle seats now have a similar but less pronounced depression,and there is a german seat maker that has built and is available ,a seat for bicycles that has only two ass areas and nthing in the middle .i have been using one in my bicycle for some time now.

hope this helps someone out there

Actually, this strikes me as possible and a real hazard, despite the easy jokes. I feel this pressure on my prostate when riding long distances, I think because of the slight forward cant of the bike and seat. I can imagine that this kind of pressure, kept constant for many hours, day after day, cannot be especially good. Whether it has the dire implications that Fernando suggests requires more investigation.

Still, you can't argue the indentations in bicycle seats and I've seen the kind of saddle Fernando talks about. They must be there for some reason. I'm really going to look into this.

Fernando..

Thanks for the info.... while functional, your seat does have a rather unique look to it..

Regarding the bicycle seat... found this called "The Spongy Wonder".. made in New Brunswick, Canada of all places (used to live there.. home of the Bricklin)

Cheers, Tim

Guest jerroldt

After 49 years spent in the hard saddles of almost every make of machine, my last PSA (prostate) reading was .79 on a scale of 0-4. I rode a bicycle for 8 years previous to owning my first motorcycle at the age of 15. I think that all things are relative and I know that other maladies are out there and lurking around to get me.

maybe its jsut that fernando has much larger testicles than those of us not having initially experienced this problem ? laughs...

actually i stopped doing long distance bicycle racing coz of that very same issue but i havent had any issues with the v11

Guest Brian Robson
You talking to me, well are you punk ?  :bbblll:  However this story makes me think of that famous song by Bob Wills & the Texas Playboys  " Big Ball's in Cowtown "  :grin:

40945[/snapback]

Nah, Tx, I think it was in reference to my somewhat curious and slightly shocked acknowledgment that someone would have the cojones, so to speak, to openly declare difficulty in the twig and berries department.

Kudo's to Fernando for presenting such a personal and intimate issue, and a reminder to everyone over 50 to have their prostate checked.