Got My Cobras Back

Enzo

silvercobras.JPG

Picked up my 'cobras' today. Ceramic coated at Performance Coatings South of Seattle. I did have black, but changed to silver. For those who don't know, this is my own designed two-into-one system that fits on V11 Sport and Lemans. The Dyno put my RWHP at 87 with this single mod. Also, the torque curve is so straight, it is not even a curve. 63 pounds all across.

If I can find seven guys who want a set, I'll sell them for $700 bucks.

Ceramic coated at Performance Coatings South of Seattle.  I did have black, but changed to silver. 

41452[/snapback]

Damn, I like that matte color. How is the finish on them? Do they color any as they heat/cool? I'm guessing you like their work if you took them back to Performance Coatings.

cheers,

Jason

[edited to remove image...sorry bout that]

Guest Steve_W

That pipe is so cool I've half a mind to find a LeMans to put 'em on.

Of course, using half a mind gets me in trouble occasionally...

Guest MotoMessiah

Took a look at your bike, Enzo, and one thing comes to mind - It's the UGLIEST bike I have ever seen in my life. It makes the VW powered Brazilian Amazonas look attractive and sexy. Sorry, Enzo, but you've destroyed a classic machine with garish coloring that looks like it was a paint by numbers scheme by a blind man. And the low mount license plate - wtf? Chopper-guzzi? I can seriously appreciate anyone's attempt to personalize their machine but gee whiz I need pepto bismol now. I feel nauseous...

All in jest of course..

silvercobras.JPG

The Dyno put my RWHP at 87 with this single mod. 

41452[/snapback]

Dang! Excellent results.

Imagine how much power you will get if you map the fuel!!!

In addition to the power, it has to be the lightest exhaust available!

Nice work.

JRT,

They don't change color AT ALL. They are coated in and out with ceramic, and then a clear coat is applied to the outside. They look very sharp. Matt finish with a sort of slight sheen to them. YOU BROTHAS SHOULD HERE THE SOUND! One of these days soon I'm going to put together a sound file for ya.

Took a look at your bike, Enzo, and one thing comes to mind - It's the UGLIEST bike I have ever seen in my life. It makes the VW powered Brazilian Amazonas look attractive and sexy. Sorry, Enzo, but you've destroyed a classic machine with garish coloring that looks like it was a paint by numbers scheme by a blind man. And the low mount license plate - wtf? Chopper-guzzi? I can seriously appreciate anyone's attempt to personalize their machine but gee whiz I need pepto bismol now. I feel nauseous...

41500[/snapback]

Enzo's such a contrarian that your statement will only encourage him!

;)

... YOU BROTHAS SHOULD HERE THE SOUND!  One of these days soon I'm going to put together a sound file for ya.

41508[/snapback]

Heh. NO THANKS! W/ that tiny muffler volume, that puppy's gonna be LOUD. I've been deaf, and value my hearing too much to risk it on something so peurile as a pipe that's loud for loudness' sake. But the audio file will be nice to listen to, since that I have the control of the volume "knob..." ;)

Remember, "loud pipes shave hives" but that's about *all* they do. They also piss off non-motorcyclists no end, since what's music to our ears is nothing but rudeness to them. A hi-flow muffler goes a long way to preserving our riding rights...

O.K., lecture over. You may resume showing off your cool exhaust system! :thumbsup:

Guest robbrugg

Enzo - I tip my hat to you once again - you have guts to make those changes, and post them here knowing that the PINHEADS will give their .02 (that's what it's worth). Most are too afraid to modify a bike.

One question - what's up with the welds? Why not make them cleaner?

Wow, you're about the fourth person to make fun of the unfinished welds. Now I'm starting to think about it myself. I wish I'd thought of it before I coated them! In a way, my feeling is that it makes the pipes look 'one-off.' One of a kind and homemade, which they are. It's sort of funky retro to me - as is the color. I really LOVE these pipes. The sound is quite unique, but it's not just noise, these pipes PUT OUT as anyone knows who has seen the dyno. I can't even open the throttle in second gear on a damp street because I'll high side!

But, NEXT time I coat them, I'll smooth it out for the Guzzisti!

Enzo - I tip my hat to you once again - you have guts to make those changes, and post them here knowing that the PINHEADS will give their .02 (that's what it's worth).

41746[/snapback]

We have pinheads here?

Most are too afraid to modify a bike.

They are?

One question - what's up with the welds? Why not make them cleaner?

Thankyou. Now I understand!

Enzo, they look cool to me...but I just put on a Stucchi X, so will have to pass (no point in infuriating the keeper of the checkbook). :helmet: k