Having your mind almost made up about a bike.

Dirtybill

buy my LeMans instead :bier:

41823[/snapback]

Too similar to the V11. I wouldn't mind a used Quota again. Reliable as an axe. Simple to maintain and handled the logging roads with no problems :mg:

A poor man's GS is what I called it, and running a Muzzy on a Guzzi sounded kinda cool as well :race: I loved those Pirelli tires that were on the Quota.

You know, I always liked the Quota. When they first entered Canada, they got terrible press because of the ECU problem they had, and word got out. They couldn't hardly sell any of them. Once Moto Guzzi sent out new ECU's they were a delight. A friend of mine just got a near mint used one from the local Guzzi shop, and I know it will work great for him. If you check out http://joboys.ath.cx/index2.html the Joboys MC , you will see that his machines are run most places, but a Quota will be a much more competant mount on forest service roads than a '76 Lemans !

Ciao, Steve G.

jason at mi had a quota , frickin fast in the rain :)

41849[/snapback]

It's sold but thanks anyway.

I took out the Capo yesterday. LMAO :D Man is that thing loud without the quiet cores in the Staintunes. Lovely engine though!! Comfy, top heavy but a change in handlebars and the quiet cores with a sprocket change would bring back some low end grunt. I could see putting on lots of miles on this bike. Very stabil and I didn't get any wind buffeting at all. Electric grips work so well I had to turn them off with summer gloves on. Mind you, it was warm out for this time of year.

A Hooligan touring bike :D

A very different v-twin. Sort of like my old RC51, SP1 for you Euros. Typical of Italian bikes, it has that certain something which makes me smile :D:D

Anyone wanna buy an 02 R1???

There was a brand new Quota sitting on the floor at the Montreal dealer last fall. Very nice looking bike but way too big for what I've got in mind. I'll check it out next time I am up there if anyone is interested.