V11 red paint.

Guest SDKFZ111

Guest SDKFZ111

V11 SPORT. I have just recieved one of Paul's mudguard (fender) eliminaters fromT.L.M (good service delivered in under 2 weeks)I now need some red paint. I am assuming that the red on tha Balabio and naked sport are the same. Where would one obtain the paint from, do Guzzi dealers sell paint is there a R.A.L number for the red ? Thanks in advance Hank. :nerd:

Hank,

I hope you are happy with the tail, that's why I started making them.

Guzzi doesn't deliver paint, nor are there paintcodes, yes the codes exist, but your paintshop doesn't know them. Best is to go with the original part to a carpaintshop, they can mix paint to that color. Or just bring it to a paintshop to get painted, then they sort it out.

**** Guzzi doesn't deliver paint, nor are there paintcodes, yes the codes exist, but your paintshop doesn't know them.  ****

41749[/snapback]

Ah, yes, yet another reason we love them so. :bike:

Guest lowgloss

Nexa Autocolor (a division of PPG Ind.) has a comprehensive motorcycle chip deck with Guzzi colors in it. PPG has a website "ppgrefinish.com" that may have a list of Nexa brand distributors.

There were a number of red shades (cannot tell you what they are for as I never got around to mixing them all).

Many paint stores have the ability to match color from an existing piece. Be prepared to pay a tinting fee at some and be sure that you make a sprayed out color card before you paint the part. Check the spray out for color match in sunlight as well as interior lighting, as red has a habit of changing radically under different light sources.