A rare treat to ride

Steve G.

Got a chance to run my buddies MV Agusta Brutale around the block today. Brand new, one of maybe 4 in Canada, and only one west of Ontario. I consider myself preveleged. He promises much swapping with the V11 once it gets DOT OKed.

Wish I knew how to get an e-mail picture onto this format.

Ciao, Steve G.

Got a chance to run my buddies MV Agusta Brutale around the block today. Brand new, one of maybe 4 in Canada, and only one west of Ontario. I consider myself preveleged. He promises much swapping with the V11 once it gets DOT OKed.

Wish I knew how to get an e-mail picture onto this format.

Ciao, Steve G.

41845[/snapback]

You lucky bastid!!! I'm jealous :bbblll:

I thought MVs were not welcomed in Canuck Land???

The approved list does not have MV on the 'ok' list .However, Cagiva is ok, and MV was/is under the Cagiva umbrella, so they are being brought in as Cagivas. I understand there is a guy on the North Shore who brought in a 1000 Ago with no problems registration wise. And Beaudry has sold 1/2 dozen to oil rich guys in Alberta.

As for a ride report Enzo, I really didn't run it very long, maybe 3/4 mile, but initial impressions are the engine has quite impressive torque for just 741cc. At just 2000rpm [red line is 13.700rpm] the engine pull actually caught me off guard. The EFI is magnificent as all Marelli systems are. The rear brake is understandibly wooden, as I've found with most all crotch rockets, to prevent rear wheel lock up. The 6 pot Nissin fronts I really havn't tried in proper use, but the feel is oh so nice. The thing is really a showcase for top shelf equipement everywhere. The from end is something to behold. Everything is simply massive. The quality of the welds on the trellis frame are just beautiful, fit and finish, gosh, near perfect.The engine bark is so un-inline 4, a real BBRAPPP!. Jim is already looking to get the 4-2-1-2 system which gets rid of the catalytic converter. Another 8 hp to the rated 127hp. And another 20 decibles. He's been told a Ferracci power commander is good for another 16 hp. I can see this thing's front end is going to be in the air all the time. We went for a ride tonight for a couple hours [he offered but I want him to break it in his way] and he mentioned a big cam rush starting at about 7000 rpm. 62 MPH is 5000 rpm in 6th gear. He's having trouble keeping the revs down. engine is very free reving. The break in procedure he said is quite serious and vital to the future of the engine. I guess that heat is the big one for this engine when it's new. It is to be avoided at all costs. So he was riding it around today with weather about 14 deg c [58 f], nice cool air for the engine.

I expect I will be getting more seat time on this beast. He is very generous when it comes to things like this. Of course, I'd be a fool to turn down an offer of an MV Agusta to tootle around on. Any cool bike really.

Ciao, Steve G.

The EFI is magnificent as all Marelli systems are.

Shouldn't there be a caveat to that? As in, "When properly set up", because if you've ever ridden a 97-98 Sporti that's even slightly out of whack, you'd be massively disappointed. Even set properly for stock operation, they're a little more than just cranky. The potential is there thought, as it should be in an EFI system with quality components.