Would you believe?

callison

I had to take the transmission out of my V11 Sport and take it back to the dealer (former Guzzi dealer) because the front mainshaft seal was leaking copious amounts of lube.

Guess what? The wrong seal had been used when the transmission recall repair was done.

Ridiculous to spend a year putting a bike back together and then have to take it back apart because a mistake was made by somebody else. Damnit, I can make my own mistakes, I don't need any help!

BTW, you only have to crab the frame about 1.5 inches to get the transmission out. It's pretty amazing how much stuff can be left on the bike when you get clever/lazy. If the damn swingarm had a big enough passage to clear the cardan joint, you wouldn't have to remove the swingarm either.

Those brake levers are sand-cast brittle junk. You'd do better to cut a new one from 5/8" aluminum plate. You can do this with a bandsaw and a drill press. But if you have access to a mill, you can make an even nicer one!

Might be a good time to do the rubber topped Kawasaki footpeg conversion I documented here a few years back! I still have the measurements for the bushings needed for that to be a drop in fit if you need some made.

I am confused! Is that silly putty all over your footpeg or do you have another explanation for us. And where is the brake lever? I assume it is important?

Please explain the pictures you have presented!

42662[/snapback]

I was looking through some old photos of my accident 14 months ago and noticed the weird "fold down" footpeg. If it had folded up, I probably would have lost my foot. Being as how I am easily amused, I posted the photo to see what kind of responses it garnered. The brake lever is a Guzzi part, it shattered (Guzzi castings are crud). The footpeg comes from a supplier, it is more ductile the the Guzzi casting and was just strong enough aid in the removal of the bumper from a 2003 Toyota Camry.