Exhaust Note

DeBenGuzzi

.... as mentioned by most, the relative scarcity of Guzzis makes it hard to compare different exhausts side-by-side.

But all I can say is that I consistently get positive comments on my Ti Leo Vince exhausts from those following me  :huh2:

al

42939[/snapback]

It's been suggested on another post that the oem rear crossover may have a catalytic converter, screen, etc. in it that would affect to some degree gas flow and tone. What's the story on that? If so, is the Stucchi crossover beneficial?

.... sometimes I really wish we had a "beaten horse" emoticon for this board :rolleyes:

:P

The OEM crossover is just that, a crossover. It does have some steel baffle material attached to the upper and lower inside surfaces, but does not offer any obstruction to flow through the crossover itself.

Also, the OEM crossover is not a catalytic converter, nor is there one anywhere else on the V11. Because MG is such a low volume manufacturer, they have been able to skirt under the volume requirements for having a CC on the bikes. This may not remain true going forward on newer models as regulations evolve, but I have no idea.

Hope that helps :D

al

HEY AL, I can't believe it. I went to the link of your page and you are one of the reasons I now Own a Motoguzzi V11 :notworthy: I did a lot of research into what the bike was like and its faults b4 I purchased. I went for the naked I like the street fighter looks. But I say cheers on your website and it was very helpful in my decision over a triumph. :bier: Also after delving deeping into the forum forgive my "beating the dead horse" past discretions. Web master possibly an admin should make an icon that looks like a dead horse. very helpful indeed

.... sometimes I really wish we had a "beaten horse" emoticon for this board    :rolleyes:

[snip]

Also, the OEM crossover is not a catalytic converter, nor is there one anywhere else on the V11.  Because MG is such a low volume manufacturer, they have been able to skirt under the volume requirements for having a CC on the bikes.  This may not remain true going forward on newer models as regulations evolve, but I have no idea.

Hope that helps  :D 

al

42963[/snapback]

I imagine this stems from the fact that MG was one of the first manufacturers to fit a cat to their products [1991, Quota] and claims that they have cats on their current model range. I'm as guilty as anyone else for promoting this notion, since the design of the stock crossover doesn't suit much else... :blink:

My bad! :homer:

Since we are on the subject of exhaust I was wondering if i might get some help. I bought my '01 V11 with an after market exhaust set up (pics attached). For the life of me I can not find any thing that identifies the manufacturer. The only text are some really anoying plaques that say "for off road use only" on metal plaques on each can. Whay did they do that? Why?......... Any way, they sound really, really good, and while some pipes can be obnoxiuosely loud, these make you feel happy and invigorated like bagpipes or Turandot.............. Anyway, can anyone ID these and is that plaque removable( suppose I could grind it smooth).

Cheers,

CFC

post-1391-1108013932_thumb.jpg

... only text are some really anoying plaques that say "for off road use only" on metal plaques on each can. Whay did they do that? Why?......... can anyone ID these and is that plaque removable( suppose I could grind it smooth).

Cheers,

CFC

42985[/snapback]

Sorry, I can't identify the maker, altho' you could probably do a roundup of who makes CF cans for the V11 and just see which ones look the same? As for the plaque, the lawyers make'em do that: it relieves the company of liability for the ticket you get for "defeating a pollution control device" by running aftermarket cans on the street! ;)

Seriously, there's a lot of that sort of citation going around; it's a nice "add on" for any other kind of stop, in addition to being a pull-over in it's own right. You be extra careful riding the last week of the month esp., as the rolling revenuers are out in force trying to make their monthly quota at that time [altho' they're really in force locally right now: anyone in So.Cal. should keep their copdar on when driving the 605 in O.C.; enforcement has been WAY up lately... :huh2: ]

Ride on!

:race:

.... sometimes I really wish we had a "beaten horse" emoticon for this board    :rolleyes:

42963[/snapback]

They would not be beating the dead horse, if posters like you and I did not kill the poor beast.

But I would give most of the credit to the poster who has posted the most. :D

So, a toast to the poster with the most posts, and a happy new year tah boot!

:bier:

...yep, the rebadged Mistrals(as far as we can tell), sold through MG a couple years back, as their "racing" exhausts, hence the "off road use only" badge.

al

P.S.

Thanks for the kind note regarding my(now very dated) piece on the V11 LeMans over at Pashnit.com :D I plan to update it extensively once I get the bike back from the engine rebuild, etc. Keep in mind that Pashnit.com is not my website, just a friend's... one who wanted me to write something up about the LeMans :bike:

...yep, the rebadged Mistrals(as far as we can tell), sold through MG a couple years back, as their "racing" exhausts, hence the "off road use only" badge.

al

P.S.

Thanks for the kind note regarding my(now very dated) piece on the V11 LeMans over at Pashnit.com     :D    I plan to update it extensively once I get the bike back from the engine rebuild, etc.    Keep in mind that Pashnit.com is not my website, just a friend's... one who wanted me to write something up about the LeMans  :bike:

43009[/snapback]

Al, your website or not, that piece and the pictures also figured heavily into my 2004 LeMans purchase. You should be on commission...

Now, back to the beaten horse- My Staintune-equipped bike with restrictors out is still not very loud. Would Stucchi crossover add more "sound quality", i.e. louder?

Not that I would recommend it to anyone who want

a ready to run exhaust. This is my setup:

nuda3.jpg

Homemade 2into1 with Supertrapp megaphone,

the sound level is adjustable and the sound is

on the raw side.

Very low weight

and nice looks and sound IMHO.

Homemade 2into1 with Supertrapp megaphone,

the sound level is adjustable and the sound is

on the raw side.

43019[/snapback]

Very nice!

I am considering Supertrapps under the oil pan. They make some pretty short, and the adjustability is a plus.

Got a picture of the crossover?

I'm looking for pipes myself, so follow these threads when they appear. Just to throw in a quote from What Bike magazine, spring 2004; "Since 2003 all V11 models have been fitted with an uprated motor running higher compression and with a 3 way catalytic converter and a new exhaust balance pipe" Are European models different to U.S.? :!: