Recalls

Guest Nogbad

Hi. I am a newbie on these boards, and have had my V11 Sport (2000) since last June. Looking through some of the posts I decided to do a search for recalls on the UK VOSA site and came up with the conrod one and something about a hose.

So, being a paranoid sort of guy, I called the dealer where I got the bike to enquire as to whether these had been done. Within an hour their service manager called me back to say that the conrod mod didn't apply to my engine number and that the hose mod had been done......

However.... He then told me the bike had a potential selector sleeve fault and that they need to have the bike back for a gearbox rebuild......

Can anyone enlighten me??

hi Nogbad,

Welcome in the club of broken dreams and tranny springs...... :)

Check this this thread for starters. There are several threads on that topic, just do a search on "broken spring", "transmission" and they'll pop up like zits on a teenager.

Ciao

Søren

Nogbad,

just to clarify, you spoke to me earlier at the dealer regarding this recall situation.

The conrod recall has either been done or does not apply, either way, it is not outstanding on your frame number.

The second recall, campaign number 101EB5, is outstanding and involves not the gearbox spring, but the flexible coupling tube, a spacer and 2 tubes inside the gearbox.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

We have the parts on order. :)

MOtO,

What is the current position re the selector pawl spring? Does the smaller size boss remove the issue of breaking springs? What has Guzzi said?

Thanks,

KB

43099[/snapback]

Yes, that is what they tell us.

We've not had one come back that has the smaller pawl as yet! So I guess they may be correct...

Nogbad,

just to clarify, you spoke to me earlier at the dealer regarding this recall situation.

The conrod recall has either been done or does not apply, either way, it is not outstanding on your frame number.

The second recall, campaign number 101EB5, is outstanding and involves not the gearbox spring, but the flexible coupling tube, a spacer and 2 tubes inside the gearbox.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

We have the parts on order. :)

43098[/snapback]

Thanks. It's a great bike, and I can't see myself wanting to change it except for another one. I did have a couple of problems on delivery though, the fuel tank bolt was left out so I rode home with a wobbling tank... erk. And the injection was badly tuned. I had that sorted by Max Moto and the bike has been sublime since. SO... treat my baby with care! :thumbsup:

Just to set the record straight for the US layperson....there are no tubes or hoses :blink: inside the 6-speed transmission.What gets replaced, and what the factory recall kit contains are 2 syncos(flexible coupling) and the spacer which is part of the cush drive on the output shaft.

As I discovered, there are 2 springs and 2 shifter rachet pawls.My spring broke at 24000. Ihave a big spring on the big boss and I have a little spring on a little boss, which one to use I cant say?

Anyone who has these gearboxes apart should also examine the cage needle bearings on both of the gearset layshafts. Everything operates ok but the cage can be cracked. I can't see an obvious problem :huh2: so maybe its a Luigi supplier problem...the cages are kinda puny.....

And in case anyone wonders, I have done ten of these tranny recalls( which is more than my share :( )

later :helmet: andy

So, the parts are on order. I called a couple of other dealers to find out if anyone had the parts on the shelf.... Ok don't laugh I am a recent, and therefore naive Guzzisti. No one did.

So, there you have it. The bike works, but there may be marzipan parts in the 'box.

I was told it is a rare fault though, and the change of parts is precautionary, so to keep riding and the chances are nothing will happen.

I don't care, I still love this bike. Love is blind and irrational, but always feels good. :D

AHHH someone after my own heart I had my first street bike for 3 years and put on 6K I've had the Guzzi since last april and put on 6K (its minnesota or I would have doubled that) I love this bike more than any I've ridden which as for similar bikes go is only about half a dozen. I know there's maybe bigger faster stronger bikes but to me none are better. On a CBR who asks "Who makes a HON-Da?" :rolleyes: I also asked serveral times if the recalls had been done on my bike but I never got a straight answer so for now I cross my fingers and will be asking again with more conviction when I get my tires changed the next nice day. :mg:

The saga continues.

Far from the stories of delays in getting bits from Guzzi / Aprilia, I get a call today to say the gearbox recall kit has already arrived from Guzzi. THAT'S 2 WORKING DAYS FROM ORDER.

OK the shop can't do it till 21st March but that ain't Guzzi's fault! :mg::luigi::notworthy: