Anyone like aircraft?

Dirtybill

Guest Jeff Kelland

I was fortunate enough to ride with a friend in Wisconsin last summer. We rode to the EAA museaum in Oshkosh. (He's a harley guy, at least he let me ride his Buell) The museaum was fantastic. An excellent collection of aircraft. I also was able to get a couple of rides in. First up was a 1929 Ford trimotor. 3 big radial engines, wonderful stuff! The second was a ride in a 1929 Travelair biplane, they sit you in the front cockpit and fly it from the rear. Absolutely amazing!!! You can talk to the pilot while flying, because I wasn't nervous, he flew it around pretty good. I was loving every minute, what a rush! My friend has lived 40 miles away his whole life and had never been there. Well worth the time and money. :race:

I was fortunate enough to ride with a friend in Wisconsin last summer. We rode to the EAA museaum in Oshkosh. (He's a harley guy, at least he let me ride his Buell) The museaum was fantastic. An excellent collection of aircraft. I also was able to get a couple of rides in. First up was a 1929 Ford trimotor. 3 big radial engines, wonderful stuff! The second was a ride in a 1929 Travelair biplane, they sit you in the front cockpit and fly it from the rear. Absolutely amazing!!! You can talk to the pilot while flying, because I wasn't nervous, he flew  it around pretty good. I was loving every minute, what a rush! My friend has lived 40 miles away his whole life and had never been there. Well worth the time and money. :race:

43136[/snapback]

My Dad used to fly the Ford Trimotor for Scenic Airways in Las Vegas. He let me take the controls once after he was finished doing touch and go landings on dry lake beds. Way cool airplane.

My Dad used to fly the Ford Trimotor for Scenic Airways in Las Vegas. He let me take the controls once after he was finished doing touch and go landings on dry lake beds. Way cool airplane.

43159[/snapback]

"This is your Captain"

"My son is flying the plane" :P

Fastest way to get killed is to let me fly the plane. Notice I said I took the controls. I'm not stupid enouogh to think I can fly a plane with absolutely no training. So I carefully held the controls and I didn't move nuthin'!

Fastest way to get killed is to let me fly the plane. Notice I said I took the controls. I'm not stupid enouogh to think I can fly a plane with absolutely no training. So I carefully held the controls and I didn't move nuthin'!

43214[/snapback]

I took the controls on a DC3 once but I was caught and the police made me give them back.