Winter

Guest motor72

Guest motor72

Ok I've had it with all this snow and ice crap. I want to f&*^@$# RIDE the Guzzi in the garage! I'm thinking of assassinating that filthy rodent in Punxsutawney.

Sorry.........had to vent :angry:

Ok I've had it with all this snow and ice crap. I want to f&*^@$# RIDE the Guzzi in the garage! I'm thinking of assassinating that filthy rodent in Punxsutawney.

Sorry.........had to vent :angry:

43147[/snapback]

I hear you man :!: I'm right down the road from you here in Ohio & I cant wait to get my Rosso out. I just bought it last friday & rode it home on Superbowl Sunday. Now it just sits in the garage teasing me. :P I keep checking the weather channel lol but it does no good

I hear you man :!: I'm right down the road from you here in Ohio & I cant wait to get my Rosso out. I just bought it last friday & rode it home on Superbowl Sunday. Now it just sits in the garage teasing me. :P I keep checking the weather channel lol but it does no good

43172[/snapback]

You could always put knobblies and a side car on it...... :thumbsup:

Almost 60 degrees yesterday. I had time to get the bike out, adjust the suspension, check the oil with that crappy dipstick <_ . i rode around town for an hour then it got dark cold. today was back in the lol. next warm day she gets a wash wax promise src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_whistle.gif" alt=":whistle:">:cheese: Oh btw my Mandello has just under 500 miles on it. Is it unusual to need about a quart of oil during break in? I put a quart in it & it brought the level to where I hope it should be. I'm going to go check it again today while its cold. Ok I'll check back in later. Richard

Guest aironepony

It's the salt. As soon as there's a decent day after the rain has washed the last lot away; they're out again with the blasted stuff.

Crappy dipstick can be improved by rubbing the edges between the ad and fill marks with rough sandpaper.

Hope you did not overfill the pan. The level is supposed to be checked with the bike vertical and the dipstick is to be screwed all the way in. Evidence of overfilling will present itself inside the airbox.

My bike seems to be happiest with the oil level half way between the add and full marks.

Crappy dipstick can be improved by rubbing the edges between the ad and fill marks with rough sandpaper.

Hope you did not overfill the pan. The level is supposed to be checked with the bike vertical and the dipstick is to be screwed all the way in. Evidence of overfilling will present itself inside the airbox.

My bike seems to be happiest with the oil level half way between the add and full marks.

43509[/snapback]

Thanx for the advice Whitaker : ) I checked it the way you said & its right on the full line. I guess that meant it was a quart low <_ .>

Could have been underfilled at the dealership(possibly) or mine ate up a quart of oil from the time I bought it till I got the oil changed at 3,800 to 8,000mi I should have checked it more but the dip is hard to use and read and I'm on it more now with an extra quart in the garage incase. If you are low you will probably hear some extra noise at startup tho its hard to explain guzzis make so much noise as it is. I ALSO join the cabin fever I've had mine out twice and put on an extra 150mi since I got her out of the storage almost a month ago. Minnesota is not rider friendly but I swear to god there are some real crazies here it doesn't matter what the weather is someone somewhere in this state is on a motorcycle. I promise you that much. its fffreaky.

Could have been underfilled at the dealership(possibly) or mine ate up a quart of oil from the time I bought it till I got the oil changed at 3,800 to 8,000mi I should have checked it more but the dip is hard to use and read  and I'm on it more now with an extra quart in the garage incase. If you are low you will probably hear some extra noise at startup tho its hard to explain guzzis make so much noise as it is. I ALSO join the cabin fever I've had mine out twice and put on an extra 150mi since I got her out of the storage almost a month ago. Minnesota is not rider friendly but I swear to god there are some real crazies here it doesn't matter what the weather is someone somewhere in this state is on a motorcycle. I promise you that much. its fffreaky.

43536[/snapback]

I know what you mean about the crazies :!: I think we have at least 2 more bad weeks here in Ohio, but after that its allllll good lol

Argh :!: The weather forecast here in Ohio says my bike will be parked for the next week solid :bbblll: I may as well work 7 days a week right now. At least it would keep my mind off the bike & vacation (sort of). I get 4 weeks paid vacation this year & I've been torturing myself in here plus looking at cool bike riding roads in the tri state area. Hopefully my :mg: wont have too many :thing: gremlins when I decide to take a week off & just goooo. I just have to remind myself to check the areas that may need top be greased. Its too damned cold out in my garage to play with it much right now.