My new Seat

jimbemotumbo

The seat re-do has not actually arrived, but Rich sent pics before shipping it. I am just so dadgummed (SoCentral US colloquialism - callison will understand soon) excited that I have to post the pics. These are small file sizes so I am hoping the moderator doesn't scold me.

I asked Rich to do a slightly different cover design & I am very pleased with the results.

I hope my nether end likes it as much as my eyes do.

For those of you who do not know of Rich Maund, search threads here for all the information on his wonderful seat work. The guy is amazing, and quite a nice fellow to do business with.

Heck, my bike is going to look so good I might have to name it!

RMseat1.jpgRMseat2.jpg

3 US bills. Not sure if that is standard pricing or not ... you would need to talk to Rich. Mine took alot of extra work to undo the previous Sargent build and to add the hardware to fit the cowl.

$305 is the price of a standard rebuild for this seat. That includes some minor reshaping, gel padding the entire front of the seat for best comfort and overnight FedEx/Ins. back to you. But Va. customers will need to add another $14.25 for sales tax.

His seat did take some extra work to un-do the stuff Sargents did. But I didn't charge extra. You folks here provided alot of business to me in January and I thank you for that. That sure beat being unemployed as I was through most of December! Another member here donated the seat hardware to him to attach the cowl. Very nice bit of Karma building there. It was missing from his old Sargents rebuilt seat.

Spring is just around the corner and business is ramping up here. By March I'll be booking work a couple weeks in advance. So if you'd like a job done, just contact me off list at rgmaund@netzero.net

Thanks!

It hasn't been said enough!! :notworthy: Rich Maund is the man!!!!! I had my seat done in January and finallly had a chance to put some miles on it(after looking at it sitting in my kitchen for the last month!!) and holy sh***T is it comfortable and great f-in looking!!!!! Thanx again Rich!!!! Brian :thumbsup:

I received mine last month & concur that Rich does one hell of a job. If Siskel & Ebert rated bike seats, they give Rich "Two Cheeks Up". Or something like that.

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans