Fun at the DMV

k7qz

I've owned a couple dozen bikes in my life, but this new LeMans is my first Guzzi. The other rides in my stable are both beemers currently, so all Moto Guzzi experiences are a first for me!

Took my dealer paperwork down to the local DMV to license my new ride and had an interesting conversion with the chipper 20 something young lady there. Still makes me smile and shake my head, so I thought I'd share it with you all:

Me: Hi, I'd like to obtain a registration and license for my new motorcycle. (hand her my dealer paperwork)

She: (after studying the sale and temporary title forms for a few minutes) OK, is this motorcycle a dirt bike?

Me: No, it's a street bike.

She: I see Moto something here which must be for motorcycle but who is the manufacturer?

Me: It's Moto as in and for Moto Guzzi- Moto Guzzi makes it.

She: (blank look on her face for several seconds, followed by enlightenment) Ohh, I just love their shoes! They make great purses too!

Me: Actually you're thinking of Gucci. This is Guzzi.

She: (looking disappointed) Oh, well who makes your motorcycle then, Honda or somebody?

Me: Moto Guzzi is the name of the motorcycle company and they make it.

She: (confused look on face) Huh, never heard of them. Is it a foreign bike?

Me: They're Italian and have a characteristic V twin engine design. (describing a V shape with my hands)

She: (thinking for a minute) Oh yeah, I think I've seen pictures of those. Aren't they the ones with a Harley engine put in sideways?

Me: (exasperation time and smiling weakly) Something like that...

Here's to our unique motorcycles!

Cheers-

Mike

:doh::P

I had to spell Moto Guzzi for a Cop near Seattle :doh: He had the reg papers in hand and was standing directly beside the bike :doh:

I guess he wasn't sure if I painted Moto Guzzi on the tank?????? I really felt like saying, if you can't spell it, I shouldn't get a ticket. :mg: Still wrote me up :stupid:

Guest dopiata

I took my V11 out last year, and went thru a bad part of town ...

On the corner ... in a row of houses (both sides of a narrow street) ... he sat on the corner.

The bike was loud as hell as I had Mistrals Pipes, and the bass tones are killer.

He asked me to pull it over, actually he and another guy jumped from their car and ran in the street to stop me. What a sight.

I gave him the docs, and he mentioned that it was a nice bike ...

No ticket, just a smile.

I then proceeded to start it up, and waited a bit ... then all hell broke loose.

I was sitting there on my bike, waiting ...

Well the Mistrals always omit a deep bass.

As I waited ... the car alarms went off on the cars near me.

The bass tones blew off all the car alarms on the street.

People ran out ... from almost everywhere ... as 3 car alarms went off.

Needless to say, I took off ... and the cop stayed behind ...

What a site.

I sometimes cruise up to the plateau in Philadelphia, an area near the Philadelphia Zoo, which is a nest for alot of bikes ... and the Guzzi always gets raves.

This year, I intend to give the Guzzi and Ghezzi Make-Over ...

I swear I got pulled over so the cop could check out my bike. he said I rolled through the red light making a right hand turn onto a state highway. First thing he walks up and says "what kind of bike is that?" "who makes it?" Just looked at my lisence and let me go said to be safe. I'm sure if I had been on a yamahaha or a cow a saki I would have been riding home with a ticket though I thought I was fine, stopping? who needs to come to a complete stop turning right? I could see the road was clear. or maybe a left turn for you freaky european ppl you know what countries you are.

Well, this isn't a new story of mine, so skip this particular post if it sounds familiar. I was gassing up my Sport 1100i four years ago on a hot summer day here in California. There was a nice looking Camaro in front of me and short dude fueling it up. He had on coveralls that were peeled down to the waist and the overall arms tied around his beltline. He finished filling his tank, hung up the hose and walked over to the Sporti.

"Nice bike! Is it German?"

"Nope. Italian. Just like the one in Rush Hour."

"Fast?"

"I've had it up to 134." As I finished saying this, he untied his sleeves and pulled on his coveralls. Across the chest - "California Highway Patrol".

"Urk... of course, I did that in Nevada..."

True story.

Well, this isn't a new story of mine, so skip this particular post if it sounds familiar. I was gassing up my Sport 1100i four years ago on a hot summer day here in California. There was a nice looking Camaro in front of me and short dude fueling it up. He had on coveralls that were peeled down to the waist and the overall arms tied around his beltline. He finished filling his tank, hung up the hose and walked over to the Sporti.

"Nice bike! Is it German?"

"Nope. Italian. Just like the one in Rush Hour."

"Fast?"

"I've had it up to 134." As I finished saying this, he untied his sleeves and pulled on his coveralls. Across the chest - "California Highway Patrol".

"Urk... of course, I did that in Nevada..."

True story.

43500[/snapback]

Ha Ha Ha :D:mg:

US Customs guy in his late 50s early 60s. Turns out, he at one time rode for CHP on a Guzzi :race: Think he said he owned 5 bikes including a Hayabusa which was for sale. "I had it up to around 165mph and it still had plenty left. That's too fast for me!!" :D