VALVE COVERS

svjj

I am trying to get someone who might refinish MY 2000 V11 sport valve covers. I remeber reading about a place called HOT JET or something like that in the forum. I am looking for a chrome like finish. If anybody has any advice or help that would be great.

Thanks

JJ

I don't know of anyone that has applied the "Jet Hot"(type) ceramic exhaust coating to their valve-covers... although I'm sure it could be done by any shop that does the service. However, since the ceramic coatings are meant to reflect/trap heat, I'm not sure that this would be a good idea.

However, if want to get your covers polished or chromed, that is certainly an option, as well as getting them powder coated a color.

Just check your local Yellow Pages for a bumper rechroming shop if you want it chromed, or call your local HD shop... as I'm sure they'd know a good chromer.

If you want them polished, you can do so yourself with some work, or again... just call around bike shops. However, some folks have had mixed results polishing the valve covers due to their being cast aluminum, plus with polished stuff... you have to maintain it.

You can also check eBay for chrome or polished covers. They show up every once in a while.

Good luck... whatever you choose, it's an easy modification.

al

Had mine polished last summer to remove a bit of road rash and they have held up very nice. Up keep has been no issue for me. Even allowing a bit of patina to set to me looks better than the paint. Tx sugest taking to a truck stop to have the them stripped and polished for cheep by the guys that do all the bling on an 18 wheel. I sent mine out and probably paid too much but it's done and was cheeper for me to polish instead of replace.