Vibe Problems?

DeBenGuzzi

Hello to all. I found this guy searching the internet one day sells bar end weights BIG ones(361g per side), he's a local guy to me suprisingly so I didn't have to pay any shipping met him at a coffee shop and talked motorcycles. I don't know if they are a good deal or not but they look simply amazing on the bike fit perfect and took about 3 min longer to get the bar ends off than these on. Read the product reviews he put mine up there not exactly how I said it maybe it is I tend to ramble a lot. sry guys. But I like the stock mirros(call me crazy) and I couldn't find any others in stock or for a decent price. But if your vibes feel like a 10 they bring it down to a 3 maybe a 4. If this is in the wrong place or I'm outta place let me know

http://www.manicsalamander.com/products.htm

:luigi::bike::luigi:

Guest ratchethack

Looks like a quality product. FWIW, they're 12.75 oz and mount rigid to the bars without any provision for damping. Throttlemeisters come in 2 sizes, 12 and 14 oz, and use a non-rigid damping "system" that consists of o-rings. I have no way to compare and couldn't suggest a preference, but the T'meister heavy 14's on my Sport work so well that I never get the slightest annoyance from vibration. :thumbsup:

There's another solution to V11S bar vibes. This was brought up on the MGCL a few years back. Sorry I don't remember who to credit for it.

First, make sure the bike is in excellent tune and the throttle bodies are balanced.

See how the bars vibe.

Now take off those stock rear view mirrors. They're the heavy rubber mounted ones that give you such an excellent view of your elbows.

The bar vibes should be gone!

Take off the stock bar weights. The vibes should still be gone! Amazing, huh!?

The source of the vibes was the stock mirrors bouncing up and down in a harmonic with the engine at certain rpms. Heavier bar weights can dampen that, but eliminating the source of the vibes is even better. And now your bars feel lighter due to having much less mass/weight at the ends.

I installed a set of Emgo bar end mirrors and never put the bar weights back on.

I have read reviews on Manic Salamanders products and they have a great reputation. But on this bike, curing the vibes was a better choice for me.

I really like the end weights I purchased, but now that you mentioned it I should have just taken the mirrors off for barend mirrors. Do you have to have a mirror on your bike? Maybe I could run without any. But then the end weights I picked up are worthless as well if I take the mirrors off, what a connundrum

Nice product :thumbsup:

As an alternative, I too have the Throttlemeister "heavy" models, and found them to be very effective... although my right hand, which has CT issues, still will go numb in about 30 minutes... but that's not unique to the Guzzi.

Throttlemeister will sell just the solid ends, without the "cruise control" if interested as well.

al