guzzi daytona vs yamaha R 1

zebulon

Guest vkerrigan

Neat pics!!..............One question though..what do the springs from the exhaust header to the exhaust pipe accomplish on the Guzzi? :huh2: Harmonics control? I've seen similar springs used with slip-on type mufflers and assumed they were for attachment purposes. Thanks!.........vk

From what I can gather he kicked the R1's @$$ in everything but the top of the powerband even better excelleration out of the turns and so on. I wish they were getting the 4v around. Come on guzzi someone let them know they can only go fwd by going backwards! :thumbsup:

Well, given that this is a Dynotec bike, I'm sure that the engine is far from stock... and punched out to 1225cc.

So, I wouldn't expect the average stock Daytona to keep up with a R1.

While this Daytona ran nearly head-to-head with the R1, the R1 looked to be stock, and an older model itself.

One used to be able to buy these types of engines complete, and the pricing is posted somewhere in a thread.... but they weren't cheap, at all. So it's not really a fair comparison, unless one is quite wealthy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of MG and pushing the envelope to show what the products can do against the latest tech... but I am also realistic that without a lot of $$ and skill, all things otherwise being equal.... even a 600cc modern sportbike from any of the big 4 will leave most MG products in their dust.

I'm ok with that though, as it's more than pure HP, speed, and performance that attracts me to MG.

Fun article though, from what I could glean.

al

Yamaha price 21,895 DM

Guzzi price 92,000 DM

How the comparison can even begin to be fair?

No amount of money thrown into Guzzi will make it better performing then latest generation R1 (the one I just bought BTW)

No amount of money thrown into yamaha R1 - or almost any other bike in the world BTW- will make it more charismatic then Guzzi.

And that is why, boys andf girls, YOU NEED THEM BOTH :D !!!

From what I can gather he kicked the R1's @$$ in everything but the top of the powerband even better excelleration out of the turns and so on. I wish they were getting the 4v around. Come on guzzi someone let them know they can only go fwd by going backwards!  :thumbsup:

43729[/snapback]

And that is why those crafty Krauts used an old generation R1 and not much faster and better handling new one.