Quiz (Not so distant past)

This bike was owned by the guy from whom I bought my 929RR. He is rather well-off and had WAY too many EXPENSIVE toys (the 929RR didn't qualify as one of his expensive toys). When I took this picture the bike was sitting in his driveway, idling. It only had about 800 miles on it and he said that he had an offer for $80,000, which he declined. I think there were only 200 made.

Tim

The guy let me sit on it while it was idling. The heads-up instrument display was really interesting. I can't describe it but it looked like a holograph.

He said that there were only three of them in the SW: His, Nicholas Cage, and some other name I didn't recognize.

He took it for a ride that day - down to the Circle-K to buy a pack of cigarettes and then back home. Not sure I could own a bike that I was afraid to ride.

Tim

Honda gave Mick Doohan one of these for winning the 500cc GP championship. I think it was 1999. Nice present. Never meant as a true street bike, hence the lackluster performance. Honda has the might and R&D to make a world killer, but chose this particular machine as another example of Honda showing the world it can make anything it wants. Oval pistons, no problem!

Ciao, Steve G.

Rumour has it that Piaggio wants the 1200 V8 to have square pistons!

43917[/snapback]

Sure, why not? You can pack'em tighter that way. Tough getting those corners to seal tho'...

;)