Short ride story

Guest IanJ

I had a really cool, if really short ride last night, and ended up writing an interesting journal entry about it. I thought you guys might like it:

Journal entry

No comments required, I just wanted to share.

Guest jerroldt

Ian:

Sounds like another great guzzi (or any bike) experience to me. We have all gone through memorial experiences in our lives on bikes. I would like to cite one of mine. Kim and I had ridden from the South to New England and got caught in rush hour traffic on a 6 lane highway in Boston at rush hour. Traffic was stopped for miles, helecopters were coming in to evacuate crash victims and the engine on my new bike was getting hot . Suddenly this Gold Wing rider split lanes and came up beside me. He had a German helmet, 2 missing front teeth etc. His exact words were: Nice bike, where are you from? I replied that we were from WV and that my engine was getting ready to be cooked and can we split lanes? His reply: follow me!. We split lanes, did all kinds of incredulous stuff and avoided the open doors of Asian drivers who haven't a clue about bikers. Kim was busy fingering her roserie and semi wheels seemed to be 6 feet tall. In the the end we got through all this traffic and 2 tunnels when the Gold Wing rider gave us a hand signal to get off at the next exit. We found the first motel available and drank a six pack in a few minutes. The year before we had gotten caught in a terrific storm in the same area with car drivers who wouldn't give us a break but that is another story (an old story) but bear with me. Biking is a lot different from driving a car and how many car stories do you hear? Bikers are definitely different people.